Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Boot

williamweb

I've discovered a pool of water in the spare tyre well. I haven't properly investigated the source but on a quick sortie the water seems to be trickling from the wheel arch. Any ideas to what waterproof sealant or other ideas is best. Thanks. Richard.

Not 100% sure but shouldn't there be a vent in there (the wheel arch area) has this not come adrift possibly if I'm right in thinking it as like a rubber flap on it.

Try the light clusters they leak on all fords into the spare wheel well if its a mk1 mk2 you have light clusters spoiler and boot hinges that all leak

If it is the light clusters or hinges how do I remedy the problem. I have a focus mk 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on water ingress to my boot. I silicone sealed the rear light cluster as suggested but rainwater is still getting in :wacko:. What I have discovered after pouring copious amounts of water down on the tailgate hinges, light cluster and bumper is; the water is entering at the vent with the two flaps.

looks like its a bumper off job to sort it then either the flaps stuck or theres summat causing the water to flow in the mk2 did away with that so its possible to block it off with silicone or just silicone it shut

At the moment I don t know whether the water is entering through the flaps or the vent surround. I ve sealed around the vent from inside the boot with silicone. If this does n t work then I ll have to do a bumper off proper job :).

Worth a try never understood the point of the flap to be honest theyre usually just a pain in the neck