Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie! Fitting The Bluetooth Head Unit?

Loopylu

Hey! I'm abit new to all of this. I've just got my 09 zetec fiesta home, and am pondering the idea of upgrading the current head unit (aux only) to the bluetooth model.

Before spending hours searching the internet regarding this, is Any one at all able to advise me on this?

Thanks in advance :)

Laura x

You need the bluetooth head unit, control panel (stereo fascia), larger screen, microphone, bluetooth module, indicator stalk with voice control button and all the wiring looms.

Plus the car then has to be reprogrammed by someone with Ford's IDS diagnostic kit.

Easier solution is to buy a Parrot kit such as a MKi9200 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I´m considering doing the same with 2010 Fiesta. The problem I have is finding the parts required. I have located some of the parts on eBay, but not all of them yet. Is there any sites worth looking at for finding these parts? Thanks

Well, basically everything. I only have the basic stereo with AUX. So I believe I need all the parts you listed earlier in this thread.

I talked to a friend of mine who is able to order the parts from Ford (in Norway), but we need the part numbers for the parts required so I would be thankful if anyone could provide them to me. At least I can get an idea of the total cost, and if it´s worth it or not.

I have considered the Parrot device mentioned earlier in this thread, but it would be nice to have it original...

It's not worth it buying new parts (except maybe the wiring loom and plastic trim)

For the bluetooth module, head unit, control, screen etc you're looking at £700/800 easy.

I was looking some used car parts here in Norway and I think I can get the screen, head unit and the module for about £150. So now I only need the part numbers for all the required wiring plus the mic if you could help me with that. Thanks for your reply btw

The problem is the head unit and modules all vary depending when they were manufactured, and the plugs/connections changed over time so part numbers are based on which parts you have and whether or not they're compatible.

I'm still waiting on the parts, will give an update when I have everything. I have some problem finding the the right BT-module here in Norway. All the parts I've ordered are from early 2010 (same with the car), but modules I have found so far are from newer cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have managed to get all the parts, except the wiring. Will get that from Ford next week.

The problem I have is with the new display, it won't turn on. It might be faulty, but scrapyard I bought it from said it was working, so I choose to trust them on that for now.

The connection is the same as on the old one, so I'm wondering if I need to update the software first to get it to work?

I don't know if it might be some issues with compability (the old and the new headunit are early 2010 while the display is late 2010)?

• 3 weeks later...

So, I now have all the parts. I was wondering if there is some drawings, diagrams and/or pictures on how the wiring loom is supposed to be connected, I'm having trouble figuring out where the extension loom from the mic is supposed to be connected.

And also, how much of the interior panels do I have to remove to get the new wiring in, and do the need to remove some of the old?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club