Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Window Condensation

scoot600

I seem to be getting a lot of condensation on the inside of my rear window. I have checked the rubber seals around the edge and found that to be ok.

I need to put the heated screen on quite alot

Any clues?

Have you got anything wet in your boot I,e spare wheel well .

At this time of the year with the cold and wet weather, everyone will have condesation on their back windows.

Put one of those condensation bags on the parcel shelf, I have just put one on dash board & one on parcel shelf, got them of amazon, they work great.

its normal even using aircon the air may be dry but its warmer than the air outside so the warm air will be attracted to the glass which is cold once the temp inside matches the outside it dissapears you cant stop it thats just physics seal bags can help but its not due to leaks or seals just the weather

This is very common especially at this time of the year, my rear window always becomes condensated on the inside. Its a right pain but i usually give it a quick wipe on the inside to remove the bulk of the moisture and water droplets etc. This seems to help a little especially if your in and out in the car all day as i find it doesnt keep steaming up all the time. :)

misting yes never had water droplets that indicates a leak

Every time you open the hatch you find a little water drips into the boot.

Ford do a proper clip on channel for the sides of the hatch which funnels the water away from the edges.

A lad on a Forum I used to be on got some but as the site is now off I can't get the Finis numbers for them.

I used some black beading on mine and it seems to help a bit-

post-28494-0-87850100-1391007764_thumb.j post-28494-0-18732300-1391007770_thumb.j

stoney mate the beading to work needs to have a gap inside and run from under the spoiler all the way down to the drain channel on the boot the water goes up the inside of the ford part and is then put into the drain above the boot

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that may be interested, I've managed to find the details of the official Ford hatch seals which work like a gutter when the boot is opened.

hatch goes up - water runs under the seals and is chanelled in the correct direction to run off without pouring into the boot.

Will fit MK2 and Mk2.5 Focus.

post-28494-0-51474100-1392039247_thumb.j

water still goes in the boot ive got the ford ones and they either block up or they still aloow water to drip in the boot stupid design as usual

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club