Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Nut

Storm16

Hi All,

Blanked my egr off on mine ages ago and never looked back.

And a friend of mine did his yesterday and had a phone call not so good!!! where the cooler meets inlet where the blanking plate goes in the lower nut he has sheered of I guess he was heavy handedf. Can this be re drilled or anything or is it a new inlet manifold?? any ideas??

His car is still running how ever is blowing as only one nut holding.He asked me to ask on here as Im not sure what he can do??

Many thanks

the head of the bolt sheared off?

He could possibly drill it out, but it doesnt look good!

If you could post up a pic of how it looks would be a great help.

As James has suggested drilling it out, welding a nut on it, cutting a slot in it, spiral stud extractor - plenty of methods out there, you just had to pick one that suits

had a look at it today head has sheered off with a quarter of the shaft there think will be a try drill out and take it from not to over tighten when replacing bolts.....thanks

if you still have a bit sticking out then try grips or something on it first, I would save drilling it out for a last resort

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club