Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St2 Discount

imcn

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade from my current Fiesta Zetec S (12 plate) to a new Fiesta ST2 in the next month.

I want the ST2 in Molten Orange with the Style Pack. The base price is £18,720.

Realistically, what sort of discount do you think I'll be able to get off the base price from a main ford dealer?

Has anyone bought one recently and what sort of discount did you manage to get?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ian

As far as I'm aware because of high demand it's very difficult to get any kind of discount, not forgetting to mention being factory built order. But it's always worth a go right? I know they're currently (Ford) contributing £500 towards the car if you deposit over x amount. I think realistically you could potentially get up to around £1000 off. If I were you I'd wait until Feb/March time when the new 14 plates come out, and buy a ready-built 63 plate. I was looking to do this later in the year, before they release the 64 plates to save myself as much money possible.

Thanks Jordan

I popped into my local dealer on Friday to get a quick quote. Without any haggling whatsoever they quoted me £17,220 including the £500 ford deposit allowance.

Judging by what your saying, that is looking pretty good.

They offered me £9200 for mine (12 plate Zetec S with the street pack and bluetooth/voice control, 8000 miles, perfect condition apart from one small scuff on the front passenger alloy). I'm hoping i'll be able to get more out of them than that.

Im looking at getting a new ST-2 also. Went to my local dealer last Wednesday and came out with what i feel is the deal of the century. Im trading in my 2011 Zetec S, for which ive been offered £8,700. I want to get The ST-2 in spirit blue and the ST style pack. The style pack is added for free apparently this month, not sure how long that offer lasts. Anyway, ive been quoted to pay £7,200!! So thats a total of £15,900 after the £500 off for taking out finance. Apparently its £400 for sat nav and reverse cam and £425 for keyless entry/start. At that price im seriously thinking of adding those items.

Only bad thing is theres definitely around a 10 week wait! :(

Also, is the molten orange seats still available? As they are no longer listed on the ford website configure your vehicle thing. Annoying how they have taken the power start button off the ST-2 as standard also!

Not a problem at all. Just 'build the bridge/gap' that's what the salesmen will be saying. It's what they do on a day to day basis and have targets to meet. It's the end of the month, I know this time of each month those struggling are desperate to haggle to get a sale. Maybe go to another showroom and say this is what I've been quoted, then ask what they can do for you, you're the one in control. £9200 is a reasonable offer but with 8000 miles on the clock I reckon you could get another £400 from them, do whatever you can for them just to break even, like I said it's a sale and money is money.

Is your ford on an options plan, and how long have you been paying per month/length of contract? I have a 62 Zetec S which I'm hoping to go to Ford with and see if I can get an ST-2 (Ready Built). My car has few scuffs here and there so I'm spending money on getting that fixed before I go to Ford because I know they'll give less value that what it costs just to get it fixed!

Sounds like oyu guys are geting good deals offered. The style pack is pretty much a permanent freebie for the ST2. The £500 discount from Ford credit is when you take a loan of £2k+ and keep it for at least 3 months.

To find a car ready built will be your biggest problem especially in the colour/spec you want. The depends on the garage being willing to release it to your dealer.Otherwise you will have about 3 month wait for build/delivery.

I maxed my part ex on my 2013 ZS up to a handful of quid less than £10k so was well pleased (dealer is now selling for £10495), this was easiest way for me to reduce overall cost with my dealer, mind you mine is a smallish family business rather than a national dealership. Have got further deals on servicing etc so I was happy.

Disappointing if the power start is now optional, I got that included nice little extra. Didn't get the keyless entry/powerfold mirrors in the end cause it was too late by time I asked for them but not that bothered. Lots of folks on here have serious reservations about the keyless.

Good luck with your purchaes guys and keep us informed, you will not be disappointed when you get the car they are awesome.

What's everyone getting MPG wise on their ST's now many of you have had them for afew months

32-34, a bit worrying when a fair chunk of those miles are motorway. Oh well, it's worth it!

I would prefer a ready built one, I have seen a fair few on the Ford website but I would be willing to make an order. Do you mind telling me Phil what you were paying on your ZS and what you pay now for the ST? And your length of contract?

There is a ready built Spirit Blue ST2 in a Ford main dealers near me sat outside the showroom brand new

What's everyone getting MPG wise on their ST's now many of you have had them for afew months

I got 37 last week on a run to Santa Pod, about 300 mile round trip, happy with that cruising at about 80-85 except for the roadworks sections.

Otherwise about 30 but only had mine a couple of weeks so it should get a bit better. Mind you I didn't buy it for good MPG that's not the point really is it?

I would prefer a ready built one, I have seen a fair few on the Ford website but I would be willing to make an order. Do you mind telling me Phil what you were paying on your ZS and what you pay now for the ST? And your length of contract?

I'm not on Options, only had a small finance to get the Ford credit discount this time I just financed the difference and I put £2500 in cash into the deal.

Best thing is to go talk to the dealer and get some idea about costs, don't forget you can always walk away or finance yourself via a bank loan.

I got 37 last week on a run to Santa Pod, about 300 mile round trip, happy with that cruising at about 80-85 except for the roadworks sections.

Otherwise about 30 but only had mine a couple of weeks so it should get a bit better. Mind you I didn't buy it for good MPG that's not the point really is it?

True, but it helps if you don't have to be at the pumps 24/7

Fair point, I'm also using V-power at the moment, not sure how long that will last, £1.36 a litre rather than £1.29 for basic.

Jordan, I'm on options with my current ZS Been paying £200pm for 2 years, £600 deposit, £5200 GFV. Had a part ex against it too.

The Style Pack is a must for the ST

Indeed, especially the sills at night

post-38083-0-47810900-1390777755_thumb.j

When I first saw the sills in a picture I thought they would look tacky but now I have seen them in person, they look really good

I went down to Gloucester last week in my ST - 52mpg ;]

I get just over 40mpg but I am a more conservative driver. Still do the occasional foot to floor and blast round corners, my usual roads though are small country lanes, good for handling, not so good for consumption.

get around the 40 mpg mark in mine, could do do better im sure but cant resist foot to floor moments haha.

Thanks Jordan

I popped into my local dealer on Friday to get a quick quote. Without any haggling whatsoever they quoted me £17,220 including the £500 ford deposit allowance.

Judging by what your saying, that is looking pretty good.

They offered me £9200 for mine (12 plate Zetec S with the street pack and bluetooth/voice control, 8000 miles, perfect condition apart from one small scuff on the front passenger alloy). I'm hoping i'll be able to get more out of them than that.

The dealer has offered me an extra £669 off the overall deal (not sure if this is more for my car or discount on the ST) if i take the car on a 63 plate. Since theres only a month before the 14 plates come out, do you think this would be a good deal? Are there any disadvantages of taking the car on a 63 this close to the 14 release?

The dealer has offered me an extra £669 off the overall deal (not sure if this is more for my car or discount on the ST) if i take the car on a 63 plate. Since theres only a month before the 14 plates come out, do you think this would be a good deal? Are there any disadvantages of taking the car on a 63 this close to the 14 release?

It's swings and roundabouts I think as you will still get a full warranty but when it comes to selling the car to the buyer the car will seem older and that's just the way peoples minds work, even when in reality there might only be a matter of weeks between when u pickup the 63 plate to when the 14 comes out

It might have a slight effect on what u might get for the car when u sell it, but on the flip side you are making your saving upfront when you buy the car rather than gaining more when u sell

If you can handle having an older plate only afew weeks after picking it up, I'd say go for it as it's still brand new at the end of the day and in just over 6 months even the 14 plate will seem old :-)

Deal done. Just ordered a Molten Orange ST2 with Style Pack. Should get it mid-march on a 14 plate. Can't wait!

£16,950 with the £500 ford deposit allowance and £9,200 for mine. Pretty pleased with that. £1,770 off the list price.

Its going to be a long month and a half.

Do you know what sort of APR figure you get with Ford finance

Is it set or does it vary, anyone know ?

Think it will be a standard figure but can be affected by your credit rating