Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Ignition Fault

Jacko

I have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0 TDDi. Iam getting the following intermittent problem with the ignition. When I turn the key it does not turn over or make any clicking sound but all the electrics come on. It has had a new starter motor and I replaced the alternator 2 months ago. If I go back to the car 30 minutes later it starts straight away and will be fine for a couple of days and then the problem repeats.

Have you heard of this before? Is it likely to be a loose connection?

welcome to FOC

Have you had the immobiliser checked?

• 1 year later...

reply i think i have very similar problem to you

I have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0 TDDi. Iam getting the following intermittent problem with the ignition. When I turn the key it does not turn over or make any clicking sound but all the electrics come on. It has had a new starter motor and I replaced the alternator 2 months ago. If I go back to the car 30 minutes later it starts straight away and will be fine for a couple of days and then the problem repeats.

Have you heard of this before? Is it likely to be a loose connection?

From problems ive had with other cars in the past it definately sounds asif the immobiliser is on its way out, personally id get a aftermarket one installed to prevent further issues, hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club