Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V Reg Heated Front Screen Question And Old Leak

john_k

I have a v reg focus ghia and has 3 chips in the windscreen . The heated screen no longer works, although when the switch is turned on the revs change slightly . So does this means it's still trying to pull power ?

I've got it booked in for a change via my insurance next week what do you think the chances and new screen will fix my issue

Also when I was given the car the passenger side footwell was full with water , I found on the net the issue which was the seal above the pollen filter , sealed it temp with silicone and dried it out but when they change the screen they will clearly break my seal , will the seal they use re-seal it ?

Thanks in advance

The new windscreen will perhaps resolve the issue in part, however, I suspect when the windscreen is removed, they will find an issue with the connection ribbon to the windscreen and will need to solder that down first.

Sorry, can't help with your question.

But it did get me thinking - why is Ford one of the only manufacturers I have come across who do electrically heated windscreens? Its one of the features I find great, while everyone else needs to blow air full blast from a cold engine and wait 10 minutes for it to clear, we push a button and wait 30 secconds. Everyone has this on their back windows, but not on their front which I find strange. Anyway, just thinking out loud really...

Ford have patented the heated windscreen which is why you don't find them elsewhere.

When i had the windscreen replaced in my old Focus they replaced the plastic cover on the passenger side with a new one, the guy said they used to reseal them but many didn't seal so they just replaced them nowadays.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club