Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tyre prices

jack

Just looked at the tyre prices for the fiestas 17" wheels (205-40 ) nearly fell off my chair. Budget tyres at kwik-fit are £70 each, Good year are a whopping £142 each.

Does anyone have better prices than that for tyres? Where do you get them?

My neighbours find out they cost that much, they will be dropping nails outside my house. :angry: :(

;) pays to shop around that seems a bit high

Just looked at Mr tyre and national tyres and there a lot cheaper. Should have guessed Kwik-fit to be over priced. Whats the favoured brand of tyre? or is it budget tyres?

I just got for the mid range tyre normally. Kinda hoping i wont have to put a new set on my car before it goes back in 2 years!

You don't mention what tyre which has a big bearing on the price. The wife has Continentals on Sport Contact 2 I think which are roughly £140 for the size you mentioned. As good as Continentals are, there do have a price premium over a lot of other good tyres.

If you try

Mytyres

Blackcircle

Both these sites will give you a price fitted or a price delivered and fit yourself (local Kwik Fit, National Tyres should do it for a little backhander)

Now, here's a suggestion. The following tyre is getting rave reviews on BMW M3 forums. The M3 is very twitchy depending on which tyres you use. Recommended are either Continental M3's or Pirelli PS3's which are excellent tyres but cost £200+ for the M3.

A lot of people are now running Kumho KU31 ECSTA SPORT on the M3 and as I say, are getting rave reviews. The best thing about them is they are less than half the price compared to the others for the M3. It cost me £420 to have 2 rears fitted to mine before I heard about the Kumho's, they would have cost me just over £200. :(

So, I've just had a look for the size you mentioned to suit the Fiesta and they can be had for £42 each and less than £10 (for four) to be delivered to your door. Add in say £10 each to get them fitted and for not much more than £50 you have a very good tyre.

They can be had from Camskill

If you'd prefer a more well known brand, then use the above 2 links and check here for some reviews.

Tyre Reviews

Thanks. I've added that website to my favs. They are a good price. Do you think that a good branded tyre gives you more milage if driven in a normal non aggressive way than a budget tyre? As in saves you money due to not having to change your tyres so often? or would you buy a branded tyre for the better road holding?

Thanks. I've added that website to my favs. They are a good price. Do you think that a good branded tyre gives you more milage if driven in a normal non aggressive way than a budget tyre? As in saves you money due to not having to change your tyres so often? or would you buy a branded tyre for the better road holding?

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Stickier tyres tend to be softer compound, therefore tend to wear quicker. Nature of the beast unfortunately.

Personally, I've always gone for the branded tyre just for the sake of you know it will do what it says on the tin. The wife had some unknown brand (National Tyres special) put on her 206 a few years ago and I swore blind I would never use another unbranded tyre again, I thought it was actually dangerous.

If you want piece of mind, stick to the well reviewed, branded tyres which can be had cheaper than what you've been quoted. A lot of the wear is down to how you drive.

i no wot u mean m8!!! i work at kwik fit and even the staff discount prices are a joke. i suggest u try blackcircle.com. my m8 said he got 4 195/50 15 v's for £136. toyo tyrse as well.

Blackcircle.com or tyreshopper.com pay online and chose where to have them fitted. Cheaper than most tyre centres

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club