Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 1.6 Focus Flat Spot

bt_cav

ok cheers Tony, I was just thinking given the millage and there was a time years ago when I did use supermarket petrol :(... Used regular Shell or BP for the last 18 months or so with the occasional month the good stuff :)

even the 'cheap' fuel (theres a misnomer if ever i saw one) is better than what we used to get.

mileage can make a difference, and servicing injectors every 60/80k certainly wont do any harm..so all depends on your budget really..

put it this way..

i rarely see a perfect spray pattern on injectors with a few miles on the clock, but that doesnt necessarily mean they are causing problems that the rest of the system cant compensate for...

if emissions are good, i would only suggest its worth sending for cleaning, if the emissions arent good, then i'd recommend it...if you see what i mean
(not sure i do actually :) )

haha I got ya :)

wouldn't get it done until after it passed the mot an was sure I was defiantly keeping the car, had a few doubts but probably because not had time and the right weather to get anything done.

• 2 months later...

So its been a while since I've been on here.....

Got the car through the MOT did not receive a copy of the emissions data but didn't want to ask.....

Its about time to replace the timing belt now :unsure: So I've been reading up on it and doing some research, I wasn't aware of keyless timing :lamo::censored::excl:

After getting my head around it I am starting to wonder if a slack timing belt could be causing my problems or if the last time the belt was changed the engine wasn't timed up properly or if a cam pulley wasn't held while torquing it down etc....

Don't worry about there being no keys on any of the shafts, it's not as scary as it first sounds. Gone are the days of just lining marks up.

Don't worry about there being no keys on any of the shafts, it's not as scary as it first sounds. Gone are the days of just lining marks up.

Cheers mate, I get it, but think I'd be happier using a flywheel locking tool..... just means removing the starter...

It's when I read about twisted cam shafts and cam shaft pulley bolts coming loose I get uncomfortable......

think I'd want to renew All 3 pulley bolts and maybe a dab of locktight might be helpful.... but this is new to me and only my opinion...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club