Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Will But Not Start

djandyh

hi all

i have a 2000 1.6 focus, today my wife got into the car and did the normal play school run, she dropped the kids off and got back into the car and it woulden start, checks she diden, key out and turn fob on and off and still nojoy, the car just turned over a few times and just stopped, she tryed turning it over and it kept turning over but still no joy and she tryed again and it started fine.

did her normal run back home and left, it, got in it to go to work and diden the same thing, just kept turning over, after a couple attempts she fired up fine.

the car has had new coil and ht lead, but not spark plugs, there the next thing i need to get

ive not had the chance to listen to the pump and all that so any ideas what it could be, like i said, it fired up after a couple attempts, had replaced the battery in key fob to

thank all

also check the battery, if its not silver calcium replace it, if its old, replace it! although fuel and air filter are probably going to cost as much as the battery, its worth doing all three if necessary.

It just sounds liek the battery is not giving the right amount of juice, as it was a stop start trip, the battery may not have charged sufficiently recently causing the prolonged starting.

the car will not start at all now, its turning strong but will not turn over and start up, i cant hear the fuel pump start up but it kinda hard to hear unless i get the wife to try it first, ive had a fuel pump gone in a nissan before and the car was only just about running for a few miles and then it went, thinking it could be an mobiliser problem but how do you sort that out, again ive had the same problem with a nissan i had, could woulden start up cause of the mobiliser but i got a new key fob and programmed and it was sorted

If it immobiliser it won't crank over an red light will be flashin if u get someone turn ignition on u pull up back seat an listin if pump make noise

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club