Do Not Sell My Personal Information

car insurance ?

rks

hi to you all...

i have just purchased a ford fiesta chianti 1.3 p reg 1996 and can not get insurance on it due to the insurance companies not having it on their systems :( I have checked with the DVLA that it hasn't been modified of which it hasn't. The insurance companies have a 1.1 1.2 and 1.7 diesel but not the 1.3.

can anyone help and make any sugestions what i can do because after 2weeks i'm getting a bit fed up ???

Rachel :unsure:

hi to you all...

i have just purchased a ford fiesta chianti 1.3 and can not get insurance on it due to the insurance companies not having it on their systems :( I have checked with the DVLA that it hasn't been modified of which it hasn't. The insurance companies have a 1.1 1.2 and 1.7 diesel but not the 1.3.

can anyone help and make any sugestions what i can do because after 2weeks i'm getting a bit fed up ???

Rachel :unsure:

Are you sure its a 1.3? PM me the reg and I can check it on the ford database...

Are you sure its a 1.3? PM me the reg and I can check it on the ford database...

hi its p reg 1996 and is 1298cc

hi its p reg 1996 and is 1298cc

1298? hmm. I've heard of 1299 and 1289. What is the full registration?

sorry ment 1299, P899 VAA, red

cant see why you should have a problem....

I'll just check it on the database for you

Fiesta 89/94, HCS 1.3 CFI, Radiant Red

VIN Number: X

Registration Number: X

Registration Date: 01.08.1996

Registration Country: GB

Primary Features

Build Date: 08.05.1996

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 89/94

Body Style: 5 Door Saloon

Version: C

Engine: HCS 1.3 CFI

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 4.06

Emission: 83 US Petrol/87 US Diesel Emissions

Air Conditioning: Less Air Conditioning

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Radiant Red

Interior Colour: Raven Interior

Interior Fabric: Papillon

cant see why you should have a problem....

I'll just check it on the database for you

if you could i would be most gratful............roughly how much do you think i should be paying for insurance on this type of car ???

if you could i would be most gratful............roughly how much do you think i should be paying for insurance on this type of car ???

This is a bit odd

It looks like you have a Mk.III Fiesta. The 1.3 in the Mk.III is a 1289. The 1.3 in the Mk.IV is a 1299

This is a bit odd

It looks like you have a Mk.III Fiesta. The 1.3 in the Mk.III is a 1289. The 1.3 in the Mk.IV is a 1299

HELP !!!!! why do you think i keep getting different details on this car............the lady at ford insurance said the reg came up as a fiesta 1.3 lx and one company said it was a van !!!!!.........if the dvla says it hasnt been modified i have no idea what i've got ,only that i am unable to drive it !!!!

sorry to be a pain but this is really getting to me

:wacko:

HELP !!!!! why do you think i keep getting different details on this car............the lady at ford insurance said the reg came up as a fiesta 1.3 lx and one company said it was a van !!!!!.........if the dvla says it hasnt been modified i have no idea what i've got ,only that i am unable to drive it !!!!

sorry to be a pain but this is really getting to me

:wacko:

Have you tried running the car through an online insurance comparison. Try confused.com or comparethemarket (not to be confused with comparethemeerkat, simples)

Give it a go...

Have you tried running the car through an online insurance comparison. Try confused.com or comparethemarket (not to be confused with comparethemeerkat, simples)

Give it a go...

will try tomorrow...........thank you will let you know how i get on, Rachel

will try tomorrow...........thank you will let you know how i get on, Rachel

No problem, good luck

Got a feeling that this could be "Chicane"which was sort of a limited edition.

If not it could be "Frascati" also limited edition.

Got a feeling that this could be "Chicane"which was sort of a limited edition.

If not it could be "Frascati" also limited edition.

SUCCESS AT LAST !!!!! :D :D :D

Swinton has come up with an insurance cover, although it took almost all day with 101 phone calls !!!......the underwriters at fortis insurance can and have insured but using the fiesta quartz 1.3 as the car.................i've have been asured by all that its all ok so i am one very happy bunny tonight................and will be out on the road 1st thing tomorrow...........at last.

thanks for all your help

Rachel

SUCCESS AT LAST !!!!! :D :D :D

Swinton has come up with an insurance cover, although it took almost all day with 101 phone calls !!!......the underwriters at fortis insurance can and have insured but using the fiesta quartz 1.3 as the car.................i've have been asured by all that its all ok so i am one very happy bunny tonight................and will be out on the road 1st thing tomorrow...........at last.

thanks for all your help

Rachel

Glad you got it sorted :)

Glad you got it sorted :)

Yes, congrats on getting there at last.

Now.....just one thing left...........driving!! ;)