Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo 2.0 Tdci 2005 Not Engaging Start

Mondo2014

Hi all,i just bought my ford mondeo last week had no problems with the car until now,i drove the car down to shop on wednesday morning came back parked up abd went back into house,about an hour later went back out to car and tried to start and nothing! The ignition comes on as usual glow plug lamp lights up for a couple of seconds,the rev counter and speedo max out then go back to nil which it doesn't usually do,try to start and you get a click noise wich i suspect is the starter motor engaging,any thoughts on what this could be.My initial thought was a bad earth on starter or starter motor is goosed,was just looking for some thought before i start to have a look at it thanks

Right if u get it going on push start provided it's not automatic u will rule that out

Ok will try push start today if it goes the could be a bad earth or starter motor? Is there a relay or fuse for starter motor?

Sounds strange. If you get in and the rev counters max out an drop back sounds like a bad earth on the battery maybe.

I was out at it today and tried to start it,i turned fans off and radio off,then the engine turned over slightly so it comfirms bad battery going to replace battery! But just as i go to do that can't open bonnet! So going to have to drill the barrel then open with a srewdriver the replace barrel and key!

Mine gets stuck all the time. My advise would be to wd40 the barrel then get the key in an wiggle. I thought my key was going to snap when I turned it the other day. After that the wd40 came out now it's fine. Give it a try first

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club