Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Front Control Arms

Focus-Jonny

I was quoted £418 from my local ford dealership for two new front control arms as the front bushes have split/worn this was discovered during a major ford blue service and pre mot check.

I am quite shocked at this as the car has just turned 4 with 26k on the clock didn't think these would need done so soon! :( is this a reasonable price to pay? I am tempted to fire it through mot and see if it passes first.

For perspective, Euro car parts are showing a pair of front control arm bushes for under £20. A competent garage shouldn't need more than a couple of hours to fit? When I brought my car last week the dealership changed them (not sure if one side or both) as it was an advisory on its new MOT..they only wanted the car for 3 hours.

Mine's only done 39k mines and they were worn enough for an advisory..don't know if that's a common occurrence?

I would be hesitant to pay more than £100 for the job to be honest.

I did hear somewhere that the focus is quite harsh on its bushes but didn't think it would be that harsh, saying that speed bumps are everywhere near my home.

apparently they don't fit bushes separately they just swap out the whole arm, I have read a press is needed and a lot of elbow grease to separate the bushes from the arm and there is risk of damaging the new bushes when fitting them back in.

front and rear bushes is common speed bumps dont help but its usually 3 years they need done hence why some fit uprated bushes they are more expensive but tend to last longer it may pass the mot but remember it wont help the handling mines an 06 and has had its second set complete arms both sides around £120 for both thats just the parts labour was about £80 at ford prices but my warranty paid for it

Ahh okay mate so its common practice to replace the whole arm thats dead on and wear sounds about right then, I will see if it passes mot and shop around for quotes and try and bargain ford down! Just cant afford it this month not at £416 all in anyway!

wasnt that dear i have to say but prices here and down there are rapidly different and yes its common practice why not buy the arms youreself then its just labour and any garage can do that for you

Don't like threads like this they start making me think I need new bushes lol

Maybe you do mate ;-) i think you have been avoiding the inevitable long enough!

I shall have a look for some genuine ford arms on eBay!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club