Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mo is having a bit of cosmetic surgery

MichellefromEssex

Saturday she is going in for back window and both back side windows to be tinted black, someone I work with works at the weekends in a place that Fords send their cars too (if you decide after purchase to have them done) and he is giving me a very good discount!!!!! of course pics will follow, now I just have to try to persude Max about the side skirts as he has gone off the idea of those now.

Nice one ;)

Out of interest, are you having the windows replaced or having film?

And if I can't be rude and ask how much it's costing you?

Thanks

Just having the film done and its £25 per panel (before my discount). Apparently there is 4 different shades of black I can choose from, they are based in Rettendon.

Look forward to seeing that. Should look good :)

Look forward to seeing that. Should look good :)

the rear windows tinted look wicked! so glad i got mine with the car! totally worth it!

Heya Michelle, its Rob from around the corner , is the place your going called shades tints, bloke called terry? If so they do a top job, had my first gold car done there, we need to take some pics side by side so people can see non mountune and mountune lol

is the place your going called shades tints, bloke called terry? If so they do a top job, had my first gold car done there

Sounds like Terry the Tintman to me.. I took my old focus there, he does a fantastic job.

Sounds like Terry the Tintman to me.. I took my old focus there, he does a fantastic job.

yep sounds like him to me aswell , 25 a window is what i payed, top work, really nice people there aswell. Highly recommended.

Hi Rob, good to see you here, been telling everyone about you having the same car lol, nice bunch of friendly people here. Not sure what the company name is, just know its in Rettendon, will ask Scott tonight at work what its called. Rob are yours tinted at the back cannot remember? (I know you have the side skirts grrrr lol).

Hi Rob, good to see you here, been telling everyone about you having the same car lol, nice bunch of friendly people here. Not sure what the company name is, just know its in Rettendon, will ask Scott tonight at work what its called. Rob are yours tinted at the back cannot remember? (I know you have the side skirts grrrr lol).

yep mine are tinted im afraid lol came partof the street pack

i have mine tinted to i also picked it as part of the package... glad i had it done looks real good. :) you will sure have to post some picys Michelle :)

Checked and the place I am going is called Shades and they are doing it for me for £60 - chuffed to bits now just have to decide on what shade of black - dont want limo black so thats one out of the equation.

Checked and the place I am going is called Shades and they are doing it for me for £60 - chuffed to bits now just have to decide on what shade of black - dont want limo black so thats one out of the equation.

Thats an amazing deal!

The ford ones are 35% i believe, and IMO i wouldnt go much darker.

I want to be able to still see into the car so probably go for 35% too.

I want to be able to still see into the car so probably go for 35% too.

Wow, is that the total for all the windows £60??

Where do you guys go?

Cheapest I have been quoted is £150 for the lot..... feel like im being ripped off

Cheapest I've had was £170! Though I can get film done for a lot cheaper so may go for that.

If the film is put on right its amazing! Just if it isnt, it bubbles :) guess u have seen it on the delivery vans etc!

I was very worried it might bubble so held off getting it.

My OH's friend can do it but not sure for what price yet, when i find out i'll decide whether I want it. But every fiesta round here seems to have it!

I was very worried it might bubble so held off getting it.

My OH's friend can do it but not sure for what price yet, when i find out i'll decide whether I want it. But every fiesta round here seems to have it!

Because its £50 :)

Rub it in rub it in :)

I'll laugh if I get it cheaper than £50 :)

I said that if it looks !Removed!, then I aint paying them lol, been guaranteed that it will look like its proper tinted glass when finished - time will tell, at least with film if you get fed up you can take it off again.

The place is called Shades in Rettendon Essex they normally charge £25 per window but I am getting a discount.

Ok forget I ever posted this, couldnt find the place, the bloke I work with had his phone switched off, so dont know if it was a wind up on me or what!!!! anyway on further investigation on the net, realised that the windows would need taking out for a proper job and that it would take half a day to do, well I was told under an hour which means that if it was a legit place then they were just going to wack the film over the glass and cut it at the edges!, been talking to Max on the phone and he said to leave it, its not essential and im really annoyed that ive wasted half a saturday over this arghhh.

thats not good news you will have to let us know if you find out if it was a wind up or not, if it was a wind up it is not a very nice one at all. :(.

Ok forget I ever posted this, couldnt find the place, the bloke I work with had his phone switched off, so dont know if it was a wind up on me or what!!!! anyway on further investigation on the net, realised that the windows would need taking out for a proper job and that it would take half a day to do, well I was told under an hour which means that if it was a legit place then they were just going to wack the film over the glass and cut it at the edges!, been talking to Max on the phone and he said to leave it, its not essential and im really annoyed that ive wasted half a saturday over this arghhh.

Heya Michelle , the place does exist, and they do a good job, i had my clio done there(dont know if you ever saw it) the way they do it is they measure it up on the outside of the window, and then put it inside, you cant tell though because the windows have a little black lip around them, the tinting place is hard to find , its down a little dirt track , when you get to the end of it you need to turn right, if you want to find it again just give us

a shout. I have some pics of my clio somewhere i think if you wanted to see how the windows looked, none closeup of the windows but you will get the idea of how they looked.