- - - - -

Mo is having a bit of cosmetic surgery

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Barnsey

Barnsey

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec 1.4TDCi (5 door)
Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:05 AM

I want to be able to still see into the car so probably go for 35% too.

Wow, is that the total for all the windows 60??
Where do you guys go?

Cheapest I have been quoted is 150 for the lot..... feel like im being ripped off

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

Cheapest I've had was 170! Though I can get film done for a lot cheaper so may go for that.

#18 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:03 AM

If the film is put on right its amazing! Just if it isnt, it bubbles :) guess u have seen it on the delivery vans etc!

#19 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

I was very worried it might bubble so held off getting it.

My OH's friend can do it but not sure for what price yet, when i find out i'll decide whether I want it. But every fiesta round here seems to have it!

#20 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

I was very worried it might bubble so held off getting it.

My OH's friend can do it but not sure for what price yet, when i find out i'll decide whether I want it. But every fiesta round here seems to have it!

Because its 50 :)

#21 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:08 AM

Rub it in rub it in :)

I'll laugh if I get it cheaper than 50 :)

#22 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

I said that if it looks !Removed!, then I aint paying them lol, been guaranteed that it will look like its proper tinted glass when finished - time will tell, at least with film if you get fed up you can take it off again.

The place is called Shades in Rettendon Essex they normally charge 25 per window but I am getting a discount.

#23 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

Ok forget I ever posted this, couldnt find the place, the bloke I work with had his phone switched off, so dont know if it was a wind up on me or what!!!! anyway on further investigation on the net, realised that the windows would need taking out for a proper job and that it would take half a day to do, well I was told under an hour which means that if it was a legit place then they were just going to wack the film over the glass and cut it at the edges!, been talking to Max on the phone and he said to leave it, its not essential and im really annoyed that ive wasted half a saturday over this arghhh.

#24 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

thats not good news you will have to let us know if you find out if it was a wind up or not, if it was a wind up it is not a very nice one at all. :(.

#25 RSM123

RSM123

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS MK7
Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

Ok forget I ever posted this, couldnt find the place, the bloke I work with had his phone switched off, so dont know if it was a wind up on me or what!!!! anyway on further investigation on the net, realised that the windows would need taking out for a proper job and that it would take half a day to do, well I was told under an hour which means that if it was a legit place then they were just going to wack the film over the glass and cut it at the edges!, been talking to Max on the phone and he said to leave it, its not essential and im really annoyed that ive wasted half a saturday over this arghhh.

Heya Michelle , the place does exist, and they do a good job, i had my clio done there(dont know if you ever saw it) the way they do it is they measure it up on the outside of the window, and then put it inside, you cant tell though because the windows have a little black lip around them, the tinting place is hard to find , its down a little dirt track , when you get to the end of it you need to turn right, if you want to find it again just give us
a shout. I have some pics of my clio somewhere i think if you wanted to see how the windows looked, none closeup of the windows but you will get the idea of how they looked.

#26 dav

dav

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk7 in frozen White
Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

thats good news then the can can get done after all :D

#27 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Rob, you went definately to the place in Rettendon (near hand car wash) 3rd exit at Rettendon roundabout as if going to Chelmsford? so when its done, you cant pick it from the bottom, just worried Max would sit in the back picking away lol.

#28 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear that Michelle, hope you get it sorted.

#29 RSM123

RSM123

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS MK7
Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

Rob, you went definately to the place in Rettendon (near hand car wash) 3rd exit at Rettendon roundabout as if going to Chelmsford? so when its done, you cant pick it from the bottom, just worried Max would sit in the back picking away lol.

yep definately went to that one , shades tints, and the guy i spoke to was terry, its hard to find , i had to ring the bloke because i got lost, you go just past the hand car wash then down a little road with all bungalows down it, cant say i ever had any kids in the back of my car but i never see any edges that i could pick away at. You can buy the glass from fords im sure but that will be expensive.... or i will swap you my glass for your mountune kit lol seems a good deal to me lol

#30 RIIIDAA

RIIIDAA

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Titanium, Tech & dress-up pack

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:42 AM

realised that the windows would need taking out for a proper job

Simply untrue I assure you, decent places cut to shape as has been said on the outside - with talk like powder to stop it sticking to the glass - they'll then heat it so it takes the curved shape of the glass - then glue it from the inside. Removal is not hard - its getting all the glue off that is the difficult part, just ask to see examples of their work before letting them loose on the hatch window with the heated element.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users