Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plasti Dip Or Vinyl Wrap?

tomo91

Basically I'm looking to get certain parts on my car colour coded in the next couple of months (wing mirrors, door handles, spoiler, grills, diffuser, bonnet lip) and I was just wandering if it's actually worth me spending the extra money to get them vinyl wrapped or just plasti dip them myself? Thanks for any help as always.

Vinyl wrap will last longer and less maintenance. If you're certain you want them doing I'd go vinyl wrap

Vinyl wrap will last longer and less maintenance. If you're certain you want them doing I'd go vinyl wrap

Ah so long does plasti dip tend to last for roughly?

It can las months or even a year or so if applied right but when I did mine it started to get water underneath and come away after 3 months.

Don't get me wrong its good stuff and if you're unsure on your look its good to see if you like it because if you don't it just peels off.

Oh I see! Gonna be doing that with my alloys, yeah I'll have to have a think might just give it a go and see what it's like, it's just getting the pros to vinyl wrap isn't cheap and I don't really want to do it myself as I'll make it look !Removed! lol

Oh I see! Gonna be doing that with my alloys, yeah I'll have to have a think might just give it a go and see what it's like, it's just getting the pros to vinyl wrap isn't cheap and I don't really want to do it myself as I'll make it look !Removed! lol

Panels are easy to wrap,certain things like spoilers tend to be the hardest.Most wheel arches roofs and bonnets are generally the same so if u get stuck on a bit its easy to youtube it and watch a video on any car.

I've been looking at Plasti dip to see what black alloys look like on mine. I figure its a relatively cheap experiment before spending big money on new wheels + tyres to see what it looks like.

It looks very straightforward to use, but inherently not very durable. There's some really helpful video's on Youtube regarding its application.

Vinyl's easy to work with on small-ish areas (bonnet lip, mirrors etc), very easy to manipulate when its heated. I wouldn't be afraid to try it yourself, the worst you'll do is waste a few quid and a bit of time if it doesn't work out. I dunno about bigger areas like the spoiler and diffuser though.

You say Plasti dip is cheap but realistically you're looking at a can per wheel and a can is about 15-18 quid so by time you have bought 4 cans you have nearly covered 1/3 of the overall wheel re furb cost.

Yeah I spose you would need a can per wheel to get a decent sort of layer on there, I've been quoted £288 to get my current ZS alloys refurbed and powedercoated does that sound about right? And with regards to the vinyl wrap ill probs buy reel and see how it goes lol

Going rate for wheels round my way is £50 a wheel for a re furb

Im getting my 18" zs wheels refurbed and sprayed gloss black for £140 in the next couple of weeks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

That's pretty cheap, where abouts are you based Dom? I'm in the east, can't seem to find anywhere cheaper than £288 may just be the area lol

Liverpool mate its a body repair shop but iv had work done by them before again very cheap rates but a very good finish

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app