Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Seals And Heated Mirrors.

ChrisCooper

On my previous cars, when the side windows have been wet I've lowered the windows and the rubber seals have cleared off most of the water. On my Focus though, if I do this the windows are just as wet as before. Is this normal? Also, is my 2009 Focus Titanium likely to have heated mirrors, and if so how are they switched on? Again on my previous car with heated mirrors, putting them on would quickly clear water off them, whereas on my Focus they stop wet.

Thanks

Would have thought that yes, you will have heated mirrors - operated by the rear screen demist button.

I have the same problem with the side windows - even my old Punto cleared them better

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

the design of the door on the focus means its curved and on some cars the window glass it mainly straight so it will rub against the rubber and clear the window the focus window follows the curve of the door so it doesnt touch the rubber 1mm from starting to put it down it cant be fixed its the design and its annoying

If you have heated mirrors then they are operated by the heated front screen button which you will also need to have ,and not the rear screen button

Incorrect.

It's definitely the rear demister button that works the heated mirrors.

• Like 1

OOOPS .

Sorry my mistake please ignore my previous post .

Thanks clive

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to like with the window issue then. I see from the manual that the mirrors have their own fuse, so I'll check that as the rear demister works.

My old Mk2.5 and my current Mk3 focus , the door window seal does indeed clear the water from the windows if i lower them , if they are worn on yours you could get them replaced.