Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using 'standard' Key To Access And Start 58 Plate 1.6 Zetec

Keitht

Foolishly, I have mislaid my remote key and I am having great difficulty accessing the car using the standard key.

I have managed to gain access a couple of times without the alarm sounding but I can't work out why on most attempts the alarm sounds.

I only bought the car a few weeks ago and there is no handbook.

Can anyone assist please in explaining how to get access?

Many thanks.

Edited by Stoney871
Corrected title for member

Because the car is being manually unlocked it needs a signal from the key to be sure that it is an authorised key.

On remote lock/unlock the car receives a coded signal from the key and disarms the alarm, no signal means the car protects itself.

Once you unlock the car you need to put the key in the ignition and turn it to position II so the car can recognise the immobiliser chip in the key and disable the alarm.

• Like 1

Hi Clive

Many thanks for the rapid reply.

It works!

I can't tell you what a relief that is.

There was I trying to work out a sequence.....!!

Keith

I learned quite quickly when I got my car,

Had to refuel it as soon as I bought it (4 miles range left) and buy a tax disc holder.

While fitting the holder found that the RCL key wouldn't work (dead battery) so I didn't put the key in the ignition as I just unlocked the doors and nipped around the passenger side.

Made everyone on the forecourt jump when my alarm went off (including me) :p

• Like 1

:D

In my case I made a nuisance of myself in the local Sainsburys and Aldi not to mention annoying the neighbours several times.

Still haven't found the Remote Key. :wacko:

The alarms are a little bit embarrassing don't you think mine sounds like a bee getting strangled ha ha

Mine sounds like very BIG bee unfortunately esp' at 2am outside the house. :ph34r::ph34r:

Yeah probably not the best thing to impress the neighbours :-)

Did any of this model come with a courtesy light for the rear seat passengers? When I looked at the car I never thought of it. I have never had a car without one. It is like the Black Hole of Calcutta in there without.

What you got a focus? mine doesn't have one either really annoys me that they are family cars yet no back light the kids are always complaining when they putting on there seat belts :-)

Focus Zetec. Same problem. :wacko:

I think the Ghia has one but no other version. Cheapskates!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club