Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

I just ordered one with the suction cup mount :). How long do they normally take to arrive, about a week?

Now I need to figure out the best way to mount it. Is it easy to wire it in near the courtesy light or whatever you wire it into? Maybe to begin with I'll mount it towards the bottom of the windscreen so I can just wire it into the 12V adapter, I don't know if the mount will cause a viewing obstruction though, if it ends up in the middle of the windscreen.

That looks more expensive than on eBay, and considering the guy selling them on eBay is the manufacturer and gives a 1 year warranty that would be better. Not to mention the buyer protection you get with eBay.

• Like 1

I've watched a couple of videos about the Mobius and people are saying you should replace the battery with the "super capacitor" which is designed specifically for the camera, when using it as a dash cam. I've noticed it on eBay for £15: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Capacitor-For-The-Mobius-Action-Sport-Camera-UK-SELLER-/171465558086?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item27ec24c846

Has anyone seen it cheaper? Looks like a good idea as the Lipo battery will probably fail with all that charging every time you drive the car.

That looks more expensive than on ebay, and considering the guy selling them on ebay is the manufacturer and gives a 1 year warranty that would be better. Not to mention the buyer protection you get with ebay.

only problem is eBay are being a bunch of idiots they wont let me link my paypal account cause some how when i enter my phone number so they can send my pin its invalid

oh cant even check if i entered the right number when i registered cause when i went to do that it does the same thing wants a pin same story trying to get to the chat as well on customer support.

that one comes with a 12 month warranty aswell might be the only option i have unless eBay want to pull there finger out of there you know what

Yeah I ignored ebay's recommendation of linking accounts, it's easy to pay as it is and probably more secure.

The strange thing is the capacitor doesn't seem to be sold by the Mobius manufacturer so it makes me wonder if it's made by someone else. Has anyone tried it?

Yeah I ignored ebay's recommendation of linking accounts, it's easy to pay as it is and probably more secure.

The strange thing is the capacitor doesn't seem to be sold by the Mobius manufacturer so it makes me wonder if it's made by someone else. Has anyone tried it?

so you dont have to actually link your paypal account to your eBay one to pay?? :iim:

ordered it now thank god hahaha woohoo

do you actually have to wire it into the actual car or can it be taken down and then recharged ?

ordered it now thank god hahaha woohoo

do you actually have to wire it into the actual car or can it be taken down and then recharged ?

I think the easiest way would be to connect it to the 12V adapter because then it can automatically record when you turn on the ignition, unless your 12V socket is on all the time in which case just disconnect the cable when not driving. But yes you could record without connecting it and then recharge, but the battery will eventually wear out. Some people have done some clever things wiring it into the car so you don't have a cable hanging down but I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

It would be good if any of you that already have this camera or something similar could show how you prefer to mount them.

• Like 1

Mark i think that depends on what you used to verify your account there are different choices.

Everything on how to hard wire the cam in easily can be found here http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/229-dash-cam-hard-wiring-mobius-actioncam/

It's a one off job that works perfectly.

Note that a capacitor does not do the job of a battery guys so it won't be the same thing exactly, it is true the battery will wear out over time but this is not an issue as a capacitor doesn't carry enough charge to record without power it's only job is to hold just enough power to save the last file when power is lost. A battery will always do that no matter how weak it is plus the battery can record for 40mins when new... over time this will reduce greatly so if you're planning on changing to capacitor to save the file don't bother the battery will do that job just fine, change to a capacitor if heat is an issue for you, so far it's not been an issue for anyone on this forum.

Phil the makers do sell the capacitor but some things they sell aren't always listed, you can send them a message and they can sell it to you.

Capacitor £6.41 from china http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Capacitor-For-The-Mobius-Action-Sport-Camera-/271460471688?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f344e1388

from hong kong http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Capacitor-For-The-Mobius-Action-Sport-Camera-/331286422222?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d2235a2ce

There is this small adhesive mount that would be idea for rear view. Sadly i cannot find it anywhere else other than the US mobius website, i don't know if they post to the UK from this site

http://mobius-actioncam.com/store/products/magnet-mounting-disc/

Thanks for the advice Kurt. I knew the capacitor wouldn't last long by itself but apparently it keeps the clock running for several days and that's all it needs to do. I've heard terrible things about lipo batteries causing fires, I'm sure the Mobius is designed so this can't happen but considering how hot things get in direct sunlight (just put your hand on the dash to see how hot) I don't want to risk it. The capacitor seems like the better option unless they do a proper Li Ion battery for the camera (but even then there could be issues with heat).

I think the easiest way would be to connect it to the 12V adapter because then it can automatically record when you turn on the ignition, unless your 12V socket is on all the time in which case just disconnect the cable when not driving. But yes you could record without connecting it and then recharge, but the battery will eventually wear out. Some people have done some clever things wiring it into the car so you don't have a cable hanging down but I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

It would be good if any of you that already have this camera or something similar could show how you prefer to mount them.

yeah well the 12v adapter if that what i think you mean (if it is indeed the cigerette lighter port) the one nearest to the window in my car doesnt actually work just the one in the arm rest or center console. i was looking at the long cable the 3m one but it doesnt have an ordnary usb connection just 2 wires which i assume you would have to piggy back into something, but was wondering cause im trying to find one that would fit the mobius camera nd have a usb attachment at other end so i can fit into my usb slot (which is actually a bluetooth device with usb connectivity that goes into the 12v adapter)

i have ordered the suction cup as well will need to find a nice spot to mount it though

they have already dispatched my orders :D

Edited by Marks12

Updated, haven't noticed any drastic improvement but tbh, I only ever take it out of the car when theres a video that needs uploading.

What do you guys do in terms of the video settings for the camera, do you just leave it standard? Someone on Youtube said he can get much better video quality at least in terms of colours, by changing the white balance etc. I suppose for a dash cam the most important thing is being able to read number plates from the video, even in low light.

What do you guys do in terms of the video settings for the camera, do you just leave it standard? Someone on Youtube said he can get much better video quality at least in terms of colours, by changing the white balance etc. I suppose for a dash cam the most important thing is being able to read number plates from the video, even in low light.

I keep my video colours standard it's perfect plus I'm no genius with video filming and colour arrangements so I rather not ruin what I am happy with.

I got HDR off and high quality turned on

I keep my video colours standard it's perfect plus I'm no genius with video filming and colour arrangements so I rather not ruin what I am happy with.

I got HDR off and high quality turned on

I'm the same I don't like fiddling with the settings when I don't understand them. Does HDR help in low light or is it just a pointless colour enhancement?

It really makes a huge difference in low light very good feature and video is smooth unlike some cameras that get a bit jerky with HDR.

In sunlight though with HDR on, video can be over exposed to the point number plates are a bit hard to read as some areas get very dark when brightness is increased.

If HDR helps at night I'd think they would be able to make it come on automatically, isn't there an option for that? My phone has auto HDR but I don't know if it uses the light sensor for that.

Guys what did you use to thread the cables through the inside of the car?

Guys what did you use to thread the cables through the inside of the car?

Use something such as a stiff cable or wire if you don't have that you can always tuck the cable under the head liner, this does require ripping some of the glue

• Like 1

Use something such as a stiff cable or wire if you don't have that you can always tuck the cable under the head liner, this does require ripping some of the glue

I think im going to go the way of tucking the cable around the car.

Slight problem in your guide it says remove fuse 108.

Any idea on a fuse i could use for a fiesta?

2a9pk6g.jpg

I think im going to go the way of tucking the cable around the car.

Slight problem in your guide it says remove fuse 108.

Any idea on a fuse i could use for a fiesta?

2a9pk6g.jpg

Yeah look in your car's hand for the other page that says what each fuse is for and look for the fuse that go to ignition/radio/accessories or anything that comes on with ignition.

In the guide there is a pic of what this page looks like in your car hand book

If you're still struggling to find something to thread your wires under the head liner you can try an old metal cloths hanger

If you're still struggling to find something to thread your wires under the head liner you can try an old metal cloths hanger

That's exactly what i was going to use :)

I don't have a passenger sun visor light,so it means i need to thread the wire from the interior light all the way over to the side of the car figured it'd be easier tucking the cable under

Hopefully this helps any advice ?

34sj6om.jpg

6ekgep.jpg

xku69g.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club