Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

Pics of my current on going rear set up. Few things need sorting. need to remove my foc sticker sadly.

Cable is held on with a bit of tape temporary this is stop the cable from twisting the cam when the boot lid is closed, the tape is temporary until I am fully satisfied with the setup then I will use some sort of glue that isn't permanent or visible.

Unfortunately there is some slight vibration going on, not enough to bother me but is isn't vibration free like my front cam

post-43258-142834018105_thumb.jpg

post-43258-142834019768_thumb.jpg

post-43258-142834021139_thumb.jpg

post-43258-142834023427_thumb.jpg

post-43258-142834024677_thumb.jpg

post-43258-142834028668_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks bud. The idea of it is with the mini usb cable on the boot lid itself both the cable and the cam move as one. The plastic trim on the boot is very secure and I feel it's a bit more secure than the head liner.

I used a magnetic phone mount for the cam, no need to use the cam case therefore the overall size of the mount is rather small

Magnetic mount used: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Dash-Magnetic-Phone-GPS-Holder-Mount-For-iPhone-5-6-Plus-4-7-5-5-/161423737912?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25959ac438

It isn't the cheapest on eBay coming in at £13.99 delivered, however i have bought 3 of these, 1 for my phone 1 for my neighbour and the other for the mobius and TBH the quality is solid there are cheaper out there though, might be just as good but i didn't want to pay to find out :lol:

Pics of my current on going rear set up. Few things need sorting. need to remove my foc sticker sadly.

Cable is held on with a bit of tape temporary this is stop the cable from twisting the cam when the boot lid is closed, the tape is temporary until I am fully satisfied with the setup then I will use some sort of glue that isn't permanent or visible.

Unfortunately there is some slight vibration going on, not enough to bother me but is isn't vibration free like my front cam

Nice work there Kurt. :)

• Like 1

Thanks buddy. Still a working progress

• Like 1

Thanks buddy. Still a working progress

cant wait to see the finished pics mate.

Today i've managed to finally hard-wire in the Mobius, but without the use of a hard-wire kit. As the bleeding thing has still not arrived, and me being impatient decided another way of fitting. Had a gander in the shops earlier, and came across this handy device:

USB & Double socket adaptor

post-62796-0-61877600-1428431551_thumb.j

I already had a load of USB leads, with a Mini end - lucky dug one out that was 3 meters. I popped up the gearstick gaitor, and pryed off the central console, plus the "secret compartment panel" as the top section of the central console was fitted behind the "secret compartment panel" (those pry tools are an absolute god send!). I already had a spare socket, piggybacking off the existing socket (thanks to Stoney871):

post-62796-0-88528300-1428434753_thumb.j

post-62796-0-98657900-1428432004_thumb.jpost-62796-0-63179900-1428432017_thumb.j

post-62796-0-43350900-1428433994_thumb.j

Next I dropped open the glove box, and shoved 1 hand in there, while shoving the other hands up inside the central console area. Thankfully my fingers met, meaning I was able to feed the USB from the 2 way adaptor, up into the glove box. Next I pulled (gently) the lead through so I knew how much lead I had to play with. Then I fed the mini USB end through a small hole, under the bottom left of glove box (again I used the 2 touching fingers technique). When that was all fed through I plugged into the Mobius, which is now permanently mounted. The next stage was to tuck the hanging wire inside, along the front roof lining. Used a pry tool to tuck the wire in nice and snug, I then pryed the passenger trim/sill open [the piece running down the side of the windscreen], and clipped the wire into the some existing clips. Next was to pull back the door weather/rubber seal bit by bit, tucking in the wire as I moved down the door frame. I managed to tuck to wire right into the door seal, so it sat in line with the existing edge of the trim. I zip-tied the excess lead in a bundle, and tied to some existing wiring behind the glove box. By this time I only had 5% battery, and my phone refused to take photo's - lol. The only visible part of the 3 meter lead, is what's sticking out of the end of the Mobius, and a tiny bit (about 4cm's) running up along side the CityActiveStop camera trim. After I was happy with the set-up, I started the ignition, and the Mobius powered on - lovely stuff. Finally clips all the panel pieces back into place, and admired a job well done. Also no broken trim clips neither, with my gentle hands ;)

This has only cost me £1.49 to do, and that was to buy the USB & double socket adaptor. Everything else I already had, so overall i'm ultimately pleased with myself. Even though I did cut my left hand to shreds!! :wacko:

• Like 3

Jobs a good un'.

The gift that keeps on giving eh?

• Like 2

Indeed, so i'm all sorted for now. If and when that hard-wire kit arrives, i'll be keeping that to hand to use for the rear Mobius... when I get round to purchasing it ;)

• Like 2

Good job Lee neat install. Your usb bits will be in the post tomo morning :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks...

... and Haha! I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case :D

Here is a photo of the finished set-up, as you can see not much visible wiring at all ;) I did wrap the USB cable around the mirror once - just in case I ever needs to make adjustments and/or change position of the camera mount.

I decided to mount the camera there, because:

1) I didn't want it stuck in towards to middle of the windscreen

2) The camera doesn't pick up/record the plastic ActiveCityStop camera trim edge.

post-62796-0-88434300-1428477807_thumb.j

• Like 3

Looks good almost looks factory!!!

• Like 1

You was right! The bleeding thing arrived today...

post-62796-142851433941_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Of course it did that's how these things work :lol: I know the feeling

• Like 1

Yeah I get like that, I was two minutes off ordering a new set of trolley jack and axle stands, just as I wet to hit buy an email popped up from reception telling me a hefty parcel I was waiting for had just arrived...

Hi all,

Last hight I finally got around to fitting a capacitor in my mobius.

I bought the capacitor a few days after buying the camera after reading reviews about heat issues in the summer.

Thought due to camera being a hard wired that this would be the best option, anyhow I noticed yesterday while driving that the power light on my mobius wasn't illuminated.

Found that the usb lead I have (running on piggy back from fuse bord) doesn't provide enough power to charge camera battery.

This prompted me to replace with capacitor (2min job) & I can now say all is well again - capacitor doesn't require as much power as the battery did.

Only setting hangers required when using capacitor is "stop recording immediately when power disconnected" whereas before it was set to 10min.

Hi all,

Last hight I finally got around to fitting a capacitor in my mobius.

I bought the capacitor a few days after buying the camera after reading reviews about heat issues in the summer.

Thought due to camera being a hard wired that this would be the best option, anyhow I noticed yesterday while driving that the power light on my mobius wasn't illuminated.

Found that the usb lead I have (running on piggy back from fuse bord) doesn't provide enough power to charge camera battery.

This prompted me to replace with capacitor (2min job) & I can now say all is well again - capacitor doesn't require as much power as the battery did.

Only setting hangers required when using capacitor is "stop recording immediately when power disconnected" whereas before it was set to 10min.

Where did you end up purchasing your capacitor from? This is something that I have been thinking about doing, as during the warmer months the inside of any vehicle does turn into a sauna! Lol

Got my capacitor & hard wire kit from here & comes with small screwdriver -

http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/viewitem.php?productid=80

I prefer to use uk suppliers just in case there's any hassle.

If you Google "mobius capacitor" there's videos on how to install (really easy).

Got my capacitor & hard wire kit from here & comes with small screwdriver -

http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/viewitem.php?productid=80

I prefer to use uk suppliers just in case there's any hassle.

If you Google "mobius capacitor" there's videos on how to install (really easy).

Not bad, only £4.99. On the Bang good website, the capacitor is: £4.21 from China, or £7.02 if shipped from a UK warehouse.

http://www.banggood.com/Super-Capacitor-For-The-Mobius-Action-Sport-Camera-p-918122.html

I'm the year or so I've owned my Möbius, I've had no issues with the battery (in the car all the time).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

I might think about getting the capacitor for the same reason (heat in summer). But it would be good to know if there is any danger of the battery overheating or does the Mobius have any safety mechanism to turn itself off before this happens?

Also it would be interesting to know how long the camera can record for from a fully charged capacitor.

Also it would be interesting to know how long the camera can record for from a fully charged capacitor.

Not very long, as it only takes a few minutes to fully charge...

Not very long, as it only takes a few minutes to fully charge...

It holds enough charge to immediately save the video, and then shut down (Hence the need to stop immediately on power loss).