Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

Nice install for the rear mobius. Couple questions:

Did you run the cables through the roof lining to get to the back.

Which fuse did you use to power the mobius or did you tap into the existing cable for the front mobius

Did you use a DC cable longer than 3m for the rear cam or was the 3m one long enough.

Cheers

All that info is in paragraphs 5 and 6 in post #317.....pay attention at the back please :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think the way i would do it for speed/ease is use the existing wiring for the front cam and poke a long rod from back of headling to the interior light tie a wire to it then pull it back through. Then splice the 12v-5v transformer onto the wire at the rear end.

Cheers James sounds like a plan

All that info is in paragraphs 5 and 6 in post #317.....pay attention at the back please :rolleyes:

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-being-sarcastic

• Like 1

Has anybody used a Class 10 32gb card in there Mobius? I was going to get a class 4 due to performance wise being no better but at the moment i can get a 32gb class 10 Kingston card for more or less the same price and it'll be more future proof

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009X0G304/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You run the risk of having issues with your recordings using anything other than a class 4 cars. I used two class 10 cards previously, both had issues where after a certain number of recordings, the files became corrupted. id recommend a class 4. ill find the link to the one i bought.

Has anybody used a Class 10 32gb card in there Mobius? I was going to get a class 4 due to performance wise being no better but at the moment i can get a 32gb class 10 Kingston card for more or less the same price and it'll be more future proof

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009X0G304/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The card that Kurt linked to in this thread is 100% for this cam. I use a Samsung 16gb class 6 card with no issues but to be honest from what i read about mobius class 10 is not going to give any better performance over class 4\6 cards and some class 10 may cause issues.

He posted the links for me in my thread of the Möbius.

Here is the link

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/57605-best-dash-cam-for-mk2-focus/page-8

Thanks for the help.

I've gone with a class 4 Kingston off amazon for £10.13 stuffs all ordered now the waiting begins

Ordered some heavy duty velcro going to see if i can just use this if the mounts to big http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151304217029?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Guys, I set up a thread about what I'd recommend EVERYONE does when they buy a memory card online, you never know whether yours has 100% legit memory or whether the majority will turn up corrupted!!!

I nearly got conned!

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/60930-recommend-everyone-who-buys-a-memory-card-does-this/?p=401891

• Like 1

Currently using a kingston 32gb class 10 from amazon with no issues in the mobius. The difference in price between a class 4 and 10 was 1.50 so went for the 10 at £11.91. Was using a silicon power class 10 16gb before hand.

Currently using a kingston 32gb class 10 from amazon with no issues in the mobius. The difference in price between a class 4 and 10 was 1.50 so went for the 10 at £11.91. Was using a silicon power class 10 16gb before hand.

Screenshot or it didn't happen James :D

using a Kingston 32GB Class 4 and a Kingston 64GB Class 10 no problems with either

Update:

My new Mobius B lense dash cam arrived today for the front windscreen. Now using "Wide" option in FOV settings, and being the Wide Angled lense I have the creamish A pillars in field of view, and as a result I get reflections of same on the windscreen video capture. I have my Dash cam just under the Rain Sensor Housing. It also shows an area of the dash inwards of the demister vent. This being grey does not negatively show up as a reflection.

Differance with the A lense Mobius using the same bracket, it does not pick up the A pillars, well it does but just a tiny tiny bit of the respective bases of A pillars hence no reflections. And it only shows a little of the dash but very little indeed.

I've tried the B lense Mobius on "narrow" setting in FOV and that is like using the A lense Mobius. Now tomorrow I may adjust the bracket to lift the cam angle, and try again on "Wide" setting, but lifting it to high may have the cam picking up more direct sun hence dazzle.

Just letting fellow Focus owners know purchasing the B lense Mobius may not be beneficial. There again setting the cam higher up the windscreen phyisically may mitigate that effect. Maybe somebody with a B lense setup akin to that, could give some feed back for those thinking of putting dash cams in.

Myself, I'm happy with my home made brackets and the cam positions, in that I will be leaving them in permanent situ. I only had have two attempts at making the rear bracket. And two front brackets, both of which I then refashioned, eventually settling on the refashioned first bracket :mellow:

Just awaiting the 3m charging cable to hard wire it in [should come tommorow] then back and front hard wired and finished.

DCP003.jpg?t=1409174803

DCP009.jpg?t=1409175638

DCP001.jpg?t=1409174887

DCP010.jpg?t=1409174844

DCP014-1.jpg?t=1409175049

DCP011.jpg?t=1409176565DCP006-1.jpg?t=1409174752

• Like 1

In relation to the A lense B lense question / quandary some peeps may have.

Here is some handy input regards the above over at Dash Cam Talk russ331 is a mine of information.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New firmware and mobius software available peeps

Great job. Do you know what or if any new features have been added to the new firmware?

Can't speak for the latest but I know video quality has increased since my firmware. 1.17 iirc

Great job. Do you know what or if any new features have been added to the new firmware?

The guy who uploaded it, said many bugs and fixes to numerous to mention. The software itself seems to have a few new options and firmware I guess in general can only improve the functionality of this already excellent dash cam. ;) . I seriously need to stop slacking and put one in the rear.

Had a near miss with a pedestrian yesterday who just walked out into the road on his mobile phone and proceeded to stroll along the road. I was probably inches away from hitting him. He was completely unphased.

Still waiting on my camera apart from updating it to V2.18 is there anything else you'd recommend changing in the settings?

Here's the V2.18 log

v2.18 - Fixed unexpected recording termination in Time Lapse Photo mode and with certain video clip lengths
- Fixed non-functional Contrast control function when Vivid Color Option is ON
- Fixed non-functional Mono Color Effect setting.
- Tweaked the WDR settings a bit.
- Fixed inoperative "Power Off with external power disconnect" function in Time Lapse Photo Mode when "Auto Record withexternal power connection" function is set.
- Fixed PAL (25 and 50fps) recording to record unique frames, but there is still an obscure problem during playback that causes the video to notplay back smoothly. Some players (e.g. VLC) show jerky motion whereas WMP is much better, though still noticeable.
- Fixed off-center 1080p Narrow video frame.
- Fixed large jump in first Exposure Function increase increment above mid point
- Fixed File protection bug that only protected the last file in a continuous sequence. Now uses this logic:
a. If the current running file is less than 1 minute, it should lock previous file and the current file.
b. If the current running file will be closed less than 1 minute, it should lock the current file and the next file.
c. If the current running file has recorded over 1 minute and will be closed after 1 minute, only the current file is locked.
NOTE: You must turn on your folder options to show "Detail" file view with file "Attributes" toggled on in the folder header. Protected files will show an "R" flag to indicated the file is "read only".
- Fixed inconsistent timing when when Time Lapse Photo delay was set greater than 1 day.
- Added a Card Format option to select FAT32 or exFAT for cards greater than 32 GB capacity. Currently formatting 128GB cards with FAT32 does not work in the Mobius does not work.
- Eliminated the "weak" intermittent and moving scan line near the top of video frames.
- Fixed failure of a new clip to be started at the 4GB file size limit if the camera was powered by a standard 4 wire USB data cable plugged in a computer USB port.

I will download the new firmware later and check it out.

Cheers guys.

There guys fix a lot of bugs in their releases

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club