The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Haha, what a coincidence Kurt, as mine (exact same dash-cam) just arrived in the post yesterday. (only got back home today)

Having fiddled with the settings, (also used the GUI windows tool, its great), I need to figure out a permanent wiring solution.

Great to see you bought it too though - great little piece of kit it seems!

I'm sure you are as i am very impressed with the video quality! on 1080p with high settings it's just great! :D

Did you purchase a mount and if so what one did you go for?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

Ordered

#18 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

They have removed your daytime video for copyright reasons!!!

#19 Incontro

Incontro

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

I'm sure you are as i am very impressed with the video quality! on 1080p with high settings it's just great! :D

Did you purchase a mount and if so what one did you go for?

I didn't have much of a chance to try it out yet mate - the camera arrived just an hour after I left for a long weekend road-trip! Great luck eh? ^_^

But I've played around with the settings, and taken a few vids at home and it seems great. It took me quite a while to figure out what all the LED colours mean! I was amazed at how small it is though.

I purchased the windscreen sucker mount that eletepo (cant remember the exact name) sells on eBay, I bought it with the camera. I haven't fixed it to the car yet, but it appears quite sturdy, and easily adjustable so I am quite happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

#20 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Just to let you know guys I have ordered this power inverter/cable.

http://pages.ebay.co...id=130978719862

You can get either left or right angled. Right angled will go back across the body of the device and I think it will look neater that way. I then intend to go behind the roof lining down the passenger a pillar and behind the glovebox piggy backing on an acc activated fuse so it stops/starts with the ignition button.

Like kurt I also bought both the suction cup and the permanent sticky mount (may as well at under 6quid for both)

Looking forward to getting this great price and great review from Kurt that really sold it to me

#21 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Another cool thing I have discovered is you can configure the device and also view your videos via an android device with usb-otg support.

#22 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

I've just realised the its the left angled power cable/inverter that's gonna be best not the right angled one either will work but its the left angled one that I think will make it look neater

http://pages.ebay.co...id=130978718214

#23 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Steve same opinion i have i'm very happy with it indeed it really has met my expectations

Just to let you know guys I have ordered this power inverter/cable.

http://pages.ebay.co...id=130978719862

You can get either left or right angled. Right angled will go back across the body of the device and I think it will look neater that way. I then intend to go behind the roof lining down the passenger a pillar and behind the glovebox piggy backing on an acc activated fuse so it stops/starts with the ignition button.

Like kurt I also bought both the suction cup and the permanent sticky mount (may as well at under 6quid for both)

Looking forward to getting this great price and great review from Kurt that really sold it to me

This cable is perfect, left angle it best, it will stay within the area of the camera only and back to the roof lining. Temp wired it under the passenger sun visor and under the passenger A pillar had two people in the car who did not notice the wire going down the side under the glove box, once i get all the right cables it will be completely hidden, the wiring will come from the same place as the rain sensor wiring, will look the business when i'm done!

Do you know what ACC cable you're tapping into? it would be great if there is an ACC power supply under the glove box rather than running cables to the radio.

Another cool thing I have discovered is you can configure the device and also view your videos via an android device with usb-otg support.

Yeah there is an official app on google play store free! USB OTG 99p UK seller how cool is that! http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f26b5cadc

I've just realised the its the left angled power cable/inverter that's gonna be best not the right angled one either will work but its the left angled one that I think will make it look neater

http://pages.ebay.co...id=130978718214

The first cable you posted was actually left bud it's correct :D

BTW i forgot to mention how good the camera feels, unlike the usual china brittle plastic stuff, mobius cam has a soft grippy plastic feel it's great, feels solid

#24 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

There are a fair few options on the cabin fuseboard I did have a look but cant remember the numbers now. Thing is with the piggy back fuse you can just swap around until you find the one that works.

#25 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Oh right now i'm following, do you mean take out a fuse put in the piggyback kit then the original fuse?

This http://www.ebay.com/... kit like this?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item258290fb84

#26 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

yeah, much better than tapping into wires etc, I got mine from this seller on ebay. Got one from him that I used when fitting my DRL's.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7ae91786

#27 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 957 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Haha blatant running of a red light by that accord on the night vid!

Hahaha I just saw this today, and I literally only saw the guy jumping the red light in that video. I had to rewind it a couple times to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. LOLOLOL.

Ah kurt this is perfect, I been looking for a dash cam but wasn't planning to spend the earth on one. This would go perfect with the parking sensor screen and with all the nutters around Croydon and London in general, be great to catch them.

#28 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

oh bums I just realised while posting that link I ordered the wrong piggy back fuse I ordered standard size not mini size!

#29 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

yeah, much better than tapping into wires etc, I got mine from this seller on ebay. Got one from him that I used when fitting my DRL's.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7ae91786

Excellent idea, this is the perfect way to go about it. My DRL came pre-wired with an exact kit like this.

This wont require any cutting at all, just a matter of attaching the earth to something, nice one james.

Hahaha I just saw this today, and I literally only saw the guy jumping the red light in that video. I had to rewind it a couple times to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. LOLOLOL.

Ah kurt this is perfect, I been looking for a dash cam but wasn't planning to spend the earth on one. This would go perfect with the parking sensor screen and with all the nutters around Croydon and London in general, be great to catch them.

With one of the left angle usb cables like james posted it will fit perfectly behind the rearview mirror or in your case parking sensor screen. I agree on the nutters in croydon and london in general!

Like the corsa driver, no respect for other road users.

The camera can keep recording if leaving your car parked somewhere that worries you a bit, pressing the on button will switch the camera to recording mode 2 using battery, primary record mode can be 1080p and secondary recording can be 720p, less power consumption and space usage whilst on battery

#30 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

oh bums I just realised while posting that link I ordered the wrong piggy back fuse I ordered standard size not mini size!

mini size fuse or mini size usb?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dashcam, mobius, 1080p, carcam, HD video, camera, in car camera, ebay dashcam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users