Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

I've recently bought a mobius and the recording is top quality imo, I'm using the windscreen mount at the moment as I'm saving the dash mount sticky thingy for the new car. Not experiencing any wobble, hum or anything from this set up, it's lovely and discreet as well

I work nights so drive a lot at night, and it's vision is excellent

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I've recently bought a mobius and the recording is top quality imo, I'm using the windscreen mount at the moment as I'm saving the dash mount sticky thingy for the new car. Not experiencing any wobble, hum or anything from this set up, it's lovely and discreet as well

I work nights so drive a lot at night, and it's vision is excellent

I find that mine doesn't so so well at night on unlit roads. All you can see is a patch of light where the headlights are shining, unless there are other light sources around (other cars etc). I'll try and get a screenshot to show what I mean.

How is yours on unlit roads, and if it's good have you changed any of the video settings? The only video setting I changed was enabling HDR.

• Like 1

I'll be honest I haven't taken it out on unlit country roads just yet, but the street lighting around here is shocking, it lights the trees up perfect mind you, so I often have my full beam on (when there's no other cars around) late at night just so I can see the odd drunk pedestrian staggering around close to the road etc

I had my husband (software engineer) set it up as tbh none of it made any sense to me, I'm a complete technophobe in that respect lol

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I'll be honest I haven't taken it out on unlit country roads just yet, but the street lighting around here is shocking, it lights the trees up perfect mind you, so I often have my full beam on (when there's no other cars around) late at night just so I can see the odd drunk pedestrian staggering around close to the road etc

I had my husband (software engineer) set it up as tbh none of it made any sense to me, I'm a complete technophobe in that respect lol

I'm also a software engineer but that doesn't make me any better at setting up cameras lol :).

• Like 3

Jeez that double camera one is ugly.

I realise you have a Focus but how does it look, does the thing look silly and oversized when fitted..

I'm looking for another camera for the front of my Focus - the Möbius is good and I've had no real problems with it except for the low light performance.

Hoping to find one with good low light performance and maybe GPS too and I'll then move the Möbius to the back window and have the new one up front.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at one of these cameras for a while,

Finally ordered one tonight!! (6 months later)

Every time I see some footage on YouTube I think that would be great to have,

So, after some Jack Daniels I ordered a poo load of stuff I've been looking at lol.

Has anybody mounted theirs on the rear window facing in?

I'd be interested in seeing that in a Focus (I'll certainly try it).

Has anybody mounted theirs on the rear window facing in?

I would think you'd mostly see the front seats and not much else. The standard lens is wide angle enough to be placed at the top of the windscreen, as you can see on the sample videos, and there is a wider angle lens available.

I wasn't thinking of a wider shot, just a more interesting one, the extra wide angle lens would be better for the interior shot though.

For a long time I've considered mounting my DSLR on a tripod in the back for timelapses etc.

I'll be trying the Mobius on the outside too, would love to edit some great footage from a nice drive.

I'll be trying the Mobius on the outside too, would love to edit some great footage from a nice drive.

Just make sure you don't do that when it rains as the Mobius isn't waterproof ;)

Just make sure you don't do that when it rains as the Mobius isn't waterproof ;)

You can buy a Waterproof case for it,

https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius-waterproof-case.html

Not something I'd use, as any outside footage I wanted would be from a nice day.

Could be handy as protection though, all the stuff hitting the lens, or if it came off and went for a slide.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After my initial purchase of the mobius in January 2014 i have been running it for one entire year throughout our roasting summer and snowy winter without any problems at all. The only negative experience i had with it was my incompatible memory card, that has been working since a firmware update that is now very old (Firmware 1.77) other than that things have been problem free.

Now i have finally gotten around to setting up my second mobius dashcam for rear view use, after putting it alongside my original mobius i have noticed some slight external body difference, nothing major.

post-43258-0-56367400-1424638235_thumb.j

post-43258-0-03611400-1424638248_thumb.j

Slightly different shape LED on the top and some sort of indent possible mic reposition.

Updated my second mobius to Firmware 2.33 original cam still running 1.77, i am impressed with all the new features that comes with firmware 2.33, webcam options and varies frame rate changes different to the standard 29/30 etc.

If anyone comes across the SD card issue i initially had i strongly recommend this SD card

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291364703439?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Brought to us by Ben, i now have one for my second cam and it works great

For £50 including a mount, delivered, i highly recommend the mobius has a proper high quality camera

• Like 2

Got mine just 1 month ago, so mine is also the 'updated version',

Don't know if you noticed on the eBay listing, but they updated the battery too.

Good news, there is one new battery (820mah) since Nov 16,

supports to record over 2 hours after fully charged, only 6g heavier than original one (500mah)

I ordered this card for mine, the same Kingston Class 4,

but this has the standard SD adaptor and a USB adaptor, so pretty handy for connecting to anything.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Kingston/Kingston-32GB-MicroSD-Multi-Kit-%2B-Micro-SD-Card

• Like 2

Good call on that yeah i did notice that going through the updated instructions. Curious to hear about the performance of the new battery from anyone who's got one. The above link i posted also comes with an adaptor, any genuine card should come with an adaptor as standard but that is most definitely a good card to go for

• Like 1

I think I got 2h 20min on one charge, so I'm guessing you were getting about 1h 30min on the older battery?

• Like 1

I think I got 2h 20min on one charge, so I'm guessing you were getting about 1h 30min on the older battery?

Ian I was getting about an hour or just over (1h 5 min something like that) on the original version with a full charge. so Looks like the upgraded battery is a good job then. I wonder will it heat up much in summer or maybe just be the same as the smaller battery.

Good call on that yeah i did notice that going through the updated instructions. Curious to hear about the performance of the new battery from anyone who's got one. The above link i posted also comes with an adaptor, any genuine card should come with an adaptor as standard but that is most definitely a good card to go for

Kurt great job on second cam. Please do post some pics of the final installation on the rear window and keep us posted on how the new firmware preforms. I will be adding another mobius as a rear window cam in the next few months myself so may need some help/advice near the time. I highly recommend the mobius I myself have been running mine almost a year now and have had no issues at all. Its a great cam all round.

• Like 1

I also use the same Kinston card with no issues, and have finally got my Mobius hard-wired in after months of cables dangling around the car. I also bought a 2nd Mobius which will be going in the back.

Just one question, has anyone successfully used a 64GB card in their Mobius, and if so which card? If not I'll get another 32GB card ordered for the 2nd cam.

Edit: I'm thinking of trying this card with it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-64GB-microSDXC-adapter/dp/B009X0G304/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424689756&sr=8-3&keywords=micro+sd+64gb

The Mobius instructions seem to say that 64GB cards or larger will work if set up correctly, and with the correct firmware, and that Kingston cards are the most compatible. Can anyone confirm that 64GB cards work properly?

• Like 1

Phil,

I can confirm 64GB Kingstons work in the Mobius

I've had one in my front facing wide lense Mobius since August, with my original purchase of a Kingston 32GB in my rear facing standard lense Mobius, no problems with either.

Initial problem I have had was my China Bangood supplied camera came with a faulty battery. They took my word for it [sent photos] and supplied me with a new battery but that took over a month to arrive.

I'll be on the original smaller batteries, and the only problem I found with them was going on holiday for ten days. Come back from abroad popped them back in the car and they would not record. Next time I'm abroad and park at the airport I'll take a mains charger with me and charge them up prior to flying back.

Incidently I've only taken the cameras out of the car the once, as outlined above.

Off top of my head the 64GB was a class 10

Would feel naked [ if you get my drift] if I did not have cameras in the motor

• Like 2

Thanks catch, I already ordered that Kingston so will put that in my new Mobius, and move the old one with the 32GB to the back, same as you. I think all 64GB cards are class 10, but as you say it should be ok.

• Like 1

I've got the new Mobius working with the 64GB card, problem is it seems to have something wrong with its lens. You can see the problem in this video, right in the middle of the picture:

I've contacted the seller to see if he can send a replacement camera, which hopefully he can considering there is a warranty. Or I could order a new lens, but I'm a bit confused about the 3 different types - A, B and C. Is A the standard lens, C the wide angle and B something else?

• Like 1

That don't look good mate,

Mine developed a spot on the left side after a week, looks just like a dust spot but will not go away,

I'm wondering if it's some kind of damage to the lens coating, in bright light it disappears, and sometimes turns blue.

You can see it clearly in this cropped video on the left, luckily not that noticeable on full video.

I'm guessing in your case, judging by the 'V' shape, something has scratched the lens, damaging the coating too,

but I'm sure that was probably done well before you got it.

• Like 2

Phil and Ian,

It's an easy job replacing a lense, I had one of mine out when I was seeing how easy or not easy it would be to fit it in the rain sensor cover. With the body of the camera placed behind the rear view mirror, but discounted the idea in the end.

I reckon you are both within your rights to it being sorted under warranty. Now if you ask for the camera's replacing, the sellers would most likely require you to send them back, and if thats China..................

They are more than likely to be happy sending you a replacement lense, little cost to them, less hassle and expense to you. Besides better than crap reviews being made regards their product and or service.

Keep us posted in regard to what you end up doing and how you get on.

Edit:

Phil if your Mobius looks like Kurts photos of his in post #517 then you have the standard lense. If it differs in that the lense on yours has a collar about 5mm making it stick out past the body of the camera, then it's a wide angle lense.

For your info I have my wide angled Mobius, not set at the wide setting but at the standared setting. Though the standared setting on the wide angle lense is still wider then the Standard lense version, but not by very much. If you query why I set it up that way, read my later posts I posted on this thread last year.

• Like 2

They are more than likely to be happy sending you a replacement lense, little cost to them, less hassle and expense to you. Besides better than crap reviews being made regards their product and or service.

They are sending a replacement lens, so will replace it when that eventually arrives. I might have a go at cleaning the sensor which is something they suggested before saying that they will send a new lens, but I assume I would have to take the lens apart to do that? And yes it is the standard lens on mine.

• Like 1

They are sending a replacement lens, so will replace it when that eventually arrives. I might have a go at cleaning the sensor which is something they suggested before saying that they will send a new lens, but I assume I would have to take the lens apart to do that? And yes it is the standard lens on mine.

hope it comes quicker than my replacement battery did :rolleyes: but least ways you can still run on the faulty one, bet your liking it :)

• Like 2

This video is weird, he doesn't open the sensor, just uses a blower in the open case.

It looks just like yours Phil

When you say open the camera, do you mean the actual sensor housing where the lens is, or just the main camera body? I'm curious how you got the lens body open. Mine has foil tape around it, and I'm sure it'll never go back on the way it is now.
·
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Hide replies
photo.jpg
Well, I just housing that encases the circuit board and used a blower. didn't think it would do anything but as the videos show it got rid of it.
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club