Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,122 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215
  • Year: 2014

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

And I finally got round to replacing the dodgy lens in my new Mobius with the ok lens from the old camera. It was a bit fiddly, especially because the used the smallest screws known to man. Also the lenses don't seem to be the exact same size, but luckily the lens fit into my new camera, although now the old camera is a bit useless because I can't even close the case with the lens in lol. I might have to cut out some plastic to get the lens to fit.

But first I need to try and fix the problem with the lens itself, and I have a new sensor to fit into the lens. Has anyone opened a Mobius lens before?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#557 L22EEW

L22EEW

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Name: Lee
  • Ford Model: Titanium 1.0EcoBoost (Stage1 ECU)
  • Year: 2013

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Ah yes, must remember to select rotate video 180 degrees.  As when fixing to windscreen, the heat sinks will be "underneath" meaning the camera would have been flipped 180 degrees.

Just a quick question with the loop recording, i've set mine to 5 minutes clips.  Say the 32gb card was near capacity, it would over write the very FIRST recording file, then onto the second, and so on?

#558 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 19,492 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

Yup :)

#559 L22EEW

L22EEW

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

Right i've just been sat in the car, have a mess around with the Mobius.  Thankfully I didn't stick the mount permanently (used PVC tape), just to hold it while I took some sample videos.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

As you can see, looks like a nice set-up and can't really notice it from outside the vehicle.  That's until I plugged into my table via OTG 

D.jpg

The bleeding plastic casing for the City Stop camera is in the way:

F.JPG

For others who have all the sensors in the windscreen... plus have the Active City Stop camera, where is it suitable to mount the Mobius from inside the vehicle?  As I did have it set-up like so:

F.JPG

#560 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

I had a similar problem with the rain sensor being in the way, so I moved mine a bit further down the windscreen and maybe an inch to the left of where yours is. There is still a little bit of the plastic appearing on the right of the videos, but it's acceptable. A better option might be to attach it to the underside of the trim around the active stop camera, and the velcro should help with that.

#561 L22EEW

L22EEW

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

I had a simalar problem with the rain sensor being in the way, so I moved mine a bit further down the windscreen and maybe an inch to the left of where yours is. There is still a little bit of the plastic appearing on the right of the videos, but it's acceptable. A better option might be to attach it to the underside of the trim around the active stop camera, and the velcro should help with that.

You wouldn't mind sharing a photo of your set-up please?  Via PM if you prefer.

#562 Phil 87

Phil 87

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

You wouldn't mind sharing a photo of your set-up please?  Via PM if you prefer.

Here's a photo I posted before, although you can't see exactly where it's attached. I'll take another photo from further back tomorrow if I remember.

post-39031-0-50882500-1424601007.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dashcam, mobius, 1080p, carcam, HD video, camera, in car camera, ebay dashcam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users