Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta (Died)

marper145

I have a 2003 Ford Fiesta Finesse, 1.3, 8 valve Duratec. I parked it up at 10pm, returned at 10.45pm and car would not start. Turing ignition on I get seat belt light, door open light and oil light and thats all. No engine management, brake or anything else. I noticed at the time that the rev counter needle was flickering and the petrol gauge and speedo were also flickering, with ignition key out. Tried spare key, same. tried new battery, same. Had to call RAC they couldn't find anything and suggested it could be ECU. I don't think it is though. Has anyone any ideas?

the needles flickered with the key out? Most odd, was the main car light off at the time?

Yes everything was off. I have looked at the circuit diagram and there is a microprocessor on the instrument cluster. All the things (waring lights, imobiliser) associated with this microprocessor do not work. It is such an expense buying a new instrument cluster only to find that that was not the fault, and I might even have to have everything re-programed. I just wondered if any Ford engineer had had this problem.

• 4 months later...

i am having same prob about a month ago it wouldnt start i took key in and out a fiew times then all dials flickered then it started this time i went shopping went back to car nothing but oil light and door light i have a finnesse 1.3 duratech 2003 any help for this problem yet

i have replaced the dash cluster still the same this is reallllllllllly p-ssing me off

i am having same prob about a month ago it wouldnt start i took key in and out a fiew times then all dials flickered then it started this time i went shopping went back to car nothing but oil light and door light i have a finnesse 1.3 duratech 2003 any help for this problem yet

i have replaced the dash cluster still the same this is reallllllllllly p-ssing me off

Did the RAC attach their technical gizmo which reads the fault codes? If they can't diagnose anything normally they should do that to try and identify the problem.

Not sure it works with all cars, but surely it wouldn't have hurt to have tried.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the RAC attach their technical gizmo which reads the fault codes? If they can't diagnose anything normally they should do that to try and identify the problem.

Not sure it works with all cars, but surely it wouldn't have hurt to have tried.

no iv had a auto-spark at it for 2 hours he found nothing been on fords diagnostics computer nothing ford have now had my car for 2 weeks and still cant find the problem ?.

oakesy

I have a 2003 Ford Fiesta Finesse, 1.3, 8 valve Duratec. I parked it up at 10pm, returned at 10.45pm and car would not start. Turing ignition on I get seat belt light, door open light and oil light and thats all. No engine management, brake or anything else. I noticed at the time that the rev counter needle was flickering and the petrol gauge and speedo were also flickering, with ignition key out. Tried spare key, same. tried new battery, same. Had to call RAC they couldn't find anything and suggested it could be ECU. I don't think it is though. Has anyone any ideas?

Hi

It could be a bad earth lead from engine/gearbox to body or a bad connection on the back of the dash.

or your battery terminals could be loose.

Good Luck!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club