Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Brakes Bedding In?

ou.nikki

Hi, had car mot'd today and had new brakes and discs, all passed all fine whoopeeee relief you would not believe :D, however driving out tonight when I am gently slowing down easing on the brakes from speed all ok, however when I am slowing down at slow speed eg to park or turn a corner there is a funny sort of rubbing knocking sound. I also noticed when I tried applying the brakes when parked there was alot of what sounded like air when pushing the brake pedal with the engine on. When the engine off nothing. Am a little confused, I know brakes need bedding in and to be careful but never had this happen before and now cannot speak to anyone till tomorrow.

Any thoughts or knowledge would be grately appreciated.

MAny Thanks

Nikki

The brakes will feel different when the engine is off because of the brake servo but new brakes usually take a few miles to bed in fully but if you are unsure take it back but my brake pedal sounds like there's air in it so think its normal :-)

Thanks, I just panic when it is anything to do with the car as I rely on it, I just went to the local shop and had a good listen and I do wonder if the pads are slightly loose and knocking. Will ring garage in the morning, hopefully just an easy tweak and be a ok :-)

You never know with brakes always better to be safe than sorry and pease of mind

• Like 1