Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hassen's Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Build Thread

Hassen

fingers crossed for you fella that your car will be all sorted out for you on Monday and look forward to the update with pics

• Like 1

Seconded

• Like 1

Thanks for the support guys. Appreciate it. Car dropped this morning. Will be getting a progress update round 2pm. Mechanic said it should be all done round 4pm. Already the car is driving better with just the 2 rear shocks changed.

Update:

Rear left swing arm bolt is stuck. Not really moving with WD40 and heat. Mechanic trying to get it out but fears it will shear off, so getting 2 replacement bolts just in case. 2 rear springs need to be fitted there. 2 rear brake cylinders are bought but not fitted yet. Front shocks and springs are in. Not sure how much it's all going to cost as he has to price it up. Hoping to get the car after 4pm :)

Also, decided that since the car is due an NCT (Mot for my Uk counterparts) soon, I am going to book it for the Terraclean. If anyone has any thoughts or experience with it, would be great to hear from you. 

• Like 1

Terraclean is 100% worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it :)

Car has 133,000 miles roughly on it now and I thought it was worth doing. Just booked and getting it done at home on Saturday 12th. Hoping to get back a little bit of the perkiness from the engine as it used to be before.

• Like 1

Got the car today round 4:45pm. Required only 1 rear brake cylinder as the other one was fine. Forgot to take before and after pictures of the car ride heights but will get some tomorrow hopefully. In the end, it went well and car had proper brakes/handbrakes after a long time. I even managed to park in my inclined driveway for the first time without the car rolling backwards :P

On my way back home, 100km trip of mostly motorway and a few bends, I was grinning from ear to ear. The car was a lot more planted and stable around roundabouts. The ride was firm but not uncomfortably stiff. On the motorway, it was comfortable and I checked the noise levels. It was 3db lower in noise at 100km/h from 85 to 82 db and at 120km/h, the noise level dropped from 87 to 85 db. At home, I checked the old shocks and they were pretty much knackered. The springs were in not too bad condition though and will probably sell them on if anyone is interested in them. 

Overall, I think this was a success and I will give a full report once all it bedded in and I get the Terraclean done. 

Few pictures that I could snap before it got dark this evening:

IMG_20160307_181300_zpsp4t3ikds.jpg

IMG_20160307_181114_zps4hb3ljnq.jpg

IMG_20160307_181013_zpsxoo30ihk.jpg

• Like 2

A few more pictures of the ride height after the Eibach springs were installed. I think that the car is more level now and doesn't have the original rake with the rear being higher than the front. It will take a bit of time for the springs to bed in and settle at their final height. So far, the car corners a lot better and I like how the ride isn't too harsh. 

Excuse the dirt and grime on the car. It needs a good clean soon :P

Side:

IMG_20160308_163922_zpslmdgx8fh.jpg

Front: 

IMG_20160308_163931_zpsgme4btn2.jpg

Rear:

IMG_20160308_163941_zps8duqvr6m.jpg

The tyres currently are 225/45/R17, which was the only available at the last change. Next time going back to 205/50/R17 for the extra comfort mostly.

• Like 4

liking the new height can you still get your hand under the arches to give them a good scrub? .

• Like 1

Success for you Hassen in reducing road noise by almost half. Good move. Good to know you're enjoying your car again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, b4zz said:

liking the new height can you still get your hand under the arches to give them a good scrub? .

The ride height is spot on for me as I didn't want the tyres to get tucked under the arches. No issues with clearing humps and I can still get my hand easily in the arches for cleaning :)

10 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Success for you Hassen in reducing road noise by almost half. Good move. Good to know you're enjoying your car again.

The drop in road noise is fairly significant for me as I listen to a lot of music on my commute. It's an indirect improvement which I really liked. Very much enjoying the car once again. I still can't believe I was driving with the brakes being so spongy for ages! Now the car stops much better and the brakes are progressive. 

• Like 1

Tyres were checked at last service and the fronts will need changing soon. I will most probably change the rears as well back to all 4 corners being 205/50/R17, mostly for comfort and noise levels. I noticed that the noise levels had increased a bit with the 225/45/R17 tyre profile. It could well be because of the worn shocks too. 

If anyone has suggestions for tyres, I am all ears. I have tried the Avon ZV5 before and would like to try a new one as the Avons wore well but got noise quite quickly. New tyres would need to be fuel efficient, good wet/dry grip and low noise in that order. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Hassen said:

The ride height is spot on for me as I didn't want the tyres to get tucked under the arches. No issues with clearing humps and I can still get my hand easily in the arches for cleaning :)

cheers for the reply fella and at some point I may invest in a set of lowering spring but have got a front splitter to fit on first and a zetec s  look rear diffuser. good to know I would still be able to get my hand in the arch for cleaning as I like to give them a good clean to get all the crap out from them.

• Like 1

cheers for the reply fella and at some point I may invest in a set of lowering spring but have got a front splitter to fit on first and a zetec s  look rear diffuser. good to know I would still be able to get my hand in the arch for cleaning as I like to give them a good clean to get all the crap out from them.

Front splitter and diffuser always looks good on the car. I was very tempted at one point but decided against ot after I found out how much it would cost lol. Always wondered if I had known of the Zetec S at the time, whether I should have just waited to find one instead of mine. But the flipside is that the car I bought was really well minded and I got lucky with the price.

+1 worth every penny IMHO

• Like 1

hello people , i'm new to speaker installs in cars and got a mate needing a install, im a speaker nut, so no problem building the box and any other tehnicals involing the Speakers and their amp, HOWEVER  i have no clue on how to wire the amp to the battery?? or if their is anything else that is needed..??

so if one of you could point me towards a step by step guide that would be much appreciated :smile: thanks

hello people , i'm new to speaker installs in cars and got a mate needing a install, im a speaker nut, so no problem building the box and any other tehnicals involing the speakers and their amp, HOWEVER  i have no clue on how to wire the amp to the battery?? or if their is anything else that is needed..??

so if one of you could point me towards a step by step guide that would be much appreciated[emoji2]thanks

Power wire

battery - fuse - amp

Earth - chassis

Signal wire -headunit

I've covered installing a proper ICE setup, Hassen has & so has lenny

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Today got the Terraclean done. Took about 1hr in total and no issues at all. There was a hissing noise coming intermittently from the engine and the guy who was doing the Terraclean was a mechanic himself and thought that there might be an issue with injector number 2. He checked it out and all the injector bolts were loose. He tightened them up and noise/hissing gone.

As for the feel of the car after the process itself, there is a definite improvement in the smoothness of the engine, the sound of it and also the responsiveness of the throttle. It revs much nicer and you can feel the power kick in. Quite impressed so far and in the next couple of weeks, I will track the fuel consumption and report back. The Terraclean agent mentioned that his previous client with the 1.6 diesel engine in a Citroen, got about 60 more miles per tank, which was over a few weeks after the process. If this is the case for my car, and given that I drive about 1500km/week, I should recoup the cost very quickly :)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

A few updates:

Firstly the car had it's NCT before I went on holidays and it failed on headlight alignment and emissions. The emissions were 1.74 and 1.5 was the limit for my car and engine. I was a bit dissapointed as this was after the Terraclean process was done but apparently after reading a fair few threads online, the emissions checking process in Ireland is a bit hit and miss. All NCT centres are ran privately and have different sensitivities for their machines. This is what I read and I took it with a grain of salt. Friend of mine advised me to try a product called Dipetane, which is a fuel additive that could help with lowering the emissions. https://www.dipetane.com/   He has used it many times with his previous cars and they all passed the NCT. Tomorrow evening is the re-test and will find out how the car does.

Also, got new tyres today from my usual supplier, Norma Jeans Valet in Mullingar. Got 4 new Federal Formoza AZ01 at a really good price. Balanced, new valves and fitted. They are very grippy in the dry and will report when it's raining, which shouldn't be too long here in Ireland. An indirect improvement again is a reduction in road noise which is very much welcomed as it was getting irritating over my long commute. I will report back on how it does over the next few months and it's wear rate. The owner of the tyre place has them on his own van. 

Oh dear. That's a shame about your car's emissions. Hope the additive works. I remember having federal tyres on my MG ZT but that car didn't like them maybe coz of it being a heavy car. Good luck with tomorrow's test.

• Like 1

Update:

I had the Nct last night. Car flew through it. 15min and got the certificate. Emissions went from 1.74 to 0.5, which is pretty impressive!

I would highly recommend Dipetane after this to anyone who's having emission problems.

Now, I am trying to convince my better half to switch her car before its due for its Nct in May. Thinking of a petrol car, after 2008, which would be on the lower tax band, with lots of space and a bit fun to drive too. Limited budget and would be trading her Seat Leon 1.6 Petrol, which has served us very well so far. Any recommendations welcomed.

If the Leon has served you well then why not get a newer one? Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

If the Leon has served you well then why not get a newer one? Makes sense to me.

It's a lovely car and all but with the 2 boys now and having to carry more stuff around, we might need a bigger car or an estate. We have had no major problems with the Leon over the last 5 years and it's a nice drive too. 

It's been over 1 month now since the Bilstein B4 shocks and Eibach 30mm Lowered springs were installed on the car. I think they have bedded in quite well and I like where the ride hide sits now. There's no more "rake" on the car and it rides quite well for the amount of miles on it. It's not overly stiff but firm on the road. The ride quality is as I expected and going round corners is fun again. I think I made the right choice for my needs in the end and now that the car got the major issues sorted, I will be keeping it for the next while. 

A few pictures with the new set of tyres and this time the car was recently washed :)

IMG_20160413_140103_zpscaxurfpm.jpg

IMG_20160413_140119_zpsce6yxmvy.jpg

IMG_20160413_140111_zpshltyzpht.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club