Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hassen's Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Build Thread

Hassen

loving the drop fella and that's given me a idea now ha ha as you say it looks just right

• Like 1

12 hours ago, b4zz said:

loving the drop fella and that's given me a idea now ha ha as you say it looks just right

Thanks man. I think if you don't want to drop it too much, the Eibach 30mm lowered springs are perfect for the job. On eBay Germany is where I found it for cheapest with free shipping. 

I have had the new tyres on now for just over 2 weeks and at fitting it became apparent that all 4 of my alloy wheels are buckled. As a result of this, there is vibration when driving the car at motorway speed. This can be felt through the steering wheel and also in the seats. From previous experience, I know that I can get the tyres rebalanced at my local Ford dealership and they did a very good job at smoothing out the vibration issue. They have already told me on numerous occasions that it will get progressively more difficult to do this and that I will either need to get the alloy wheels fixed or get new ones.

This is my current conundrum: Do I get the buckles fixed and with this comes the potential of it happening again in the future as I have been told that my set of alloy wheels is prone to buckling more than others or do I just get a new set of alloys? As usual, I can' go out and spend silly money on the alloys. If I were to get new ones, I will be selling the old ones off eBay to recoup some of the cost. 

Also, with the new lowered suspension, I reckon the new wheels would look pretty good sitting at that ride height. 

Any thoughts welcomed :)

If you're looking to have your existing alloys refurb'd I'd recommend sodablast.ie in Cork. Their work is top notch but its a bit out of the way if you're not based in the south. Its hard once your head is turned though to something new!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, opr said:

If you're looking to have your existing alloys refurb'd I'd recommend sodablast.ie in Cork. Their work is top notch but its a bit out of the way if you're not based in the south. Its hard once your head is turned though to something new!

Thanks for the info and had heard good things about the company. Sadly I am living in Dublin and it's a fair bit out of my way. My main concern is that if I were to get them done, it then buckles again in the future, it would have been money down the drain. That's the only reason I am tempted with a new set of alloys

Any good websites that would have decent, not too expensive alloy wheels for sale with cheap shipping to Ireland?

Blimey Hassen that's bad news about your alloys. I've never heard of buckled wheels being de-buckled and personally can't see it working. Unfortunately looks like you'll have to go down the new wheels road.

Looks pretty dire I must say. I been sitting on this for a while now and now that I know I will be keeping the car, might as well bite the bullet.

Also, I reckon the clutch is on it's way out after 136,000 miles or more. Considering that the car has been remapped for a while, that's not too bad going I think. Options are to get a standard OEM clutch kit fitted or spend a bit more and get an uprated one that could handle the increase in power and torque more efficiently. The second option would last longer I reckon. Planning on keeping the car for at least another 1-2 years and I will be driving a bit less than 1200km/week as from July. Any suggestions or links to an uprated clutch kit for my 1.6TDCI 109bhp engine? Also, would I need to change the dual mass flyweel at the same time? I know very little about it except that it's not a cheap part alongside the clutch kit. 

Any one got any links for the above?

I know very little about alloy wheels and found these two that I am considering as an upgrade as they are within budget and I quite like the look of them. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5910584-ALLOY-WHEEL-MOMO-REVENGE-ANTRACITE-OPACO-17-8J-5X108-FORD-FOCUS-2003-20-/262351566486?hash=item3d155f3696:g:snAAAOSwZ8ZW9HQR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHEEL-MOMO-REVENGE-FORD-FOCUS-II-HATCHBACK-7-0x17-5x108-Antracite-Opac-20A-/381597410440?hash=item58d8fa6488:g:AHgAAOSwSzdXCYK0

One is 8J and the other 7J. I don't understand any of these number except the pcd. Will these fit my car basically? I would like the new alloys to sit flush at the edge of the wheel arch, if that makes any sense. I have seen some aftermarket alloy wheels that sit too far inside the wheel arch and it's not really what I am after. 

I think the 8j and 7j refer to wheel width. You can get a wider tyre on an 8j.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I think the 8j and 7j refer to wheel width. You can get a wider tyre on an 8j.

Gotcha. I would be keeping the same tyres 205/50/r17 on the new alloy wheels. Will they fit on either of the above?

I don't know Hassen. Best phone a tyre place and ask them to be safe. Do you know what your existing wheels are?

8 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I don't know Hassen. Best phone a tyre place and ask them to be safe. Do you know what your existing wheels are?

That's sound advice. There's something to be said to going to a place where they sell the wheels and could give me the advice about what would look and fit well. My current wheels are 17" and 5J width I think. 

Found these pictures of the Momo Revenge Anthracite on a blog: http://ffclub.ru/topic/226745/jump_6920/

These are the alloy wheels I was considering for my car and as luck would have it, it's on a black Focus. I think the tyres in the pictures are 215/50/17 rather than 205/50/17 which will be on mine. Slight difference only. 

Any thoughts?

up163141-DSC08176_zpsq7de8gwh.jpg

IMAG0860_zpskurd3dml.jpg

• Like 1

The other one was the Wolfrace JDM Gun metal as below. Any thoughts? 

ford_focus_jdm_black_4_zpsdbewfkgr.jpg

The other one was the Wolfrace JDM Gun metal as below. Any thoughts? 

ford_focus_jdm_black_4_zpsdbewfkgr.jpg

I would go for these tbh. Especially if you have the ST/CC front bumper.

19 minutes ago, kpg said:

I would go for these tbh. Especially if you have the ST/CC front bumper.

They do look good to me and I like how they would be easier to keep clean. Sadly I only have the stock Mk2.5 front bumper. Not planning to change the bodykit and only the alloys wheels as the current ones are buckled. 

I don't thing the wolfrace wheels look good on a mk2/2.5 focus. The 1st pics however make that colour car look ace. Oh and they're not hard to keep clean either. Just takes a minute longer that's all.

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts. I have about €500 to spend on wheels. Any other options that I am not considering? My requirements are that it needs to be gun metal grey/anthracite colour, easy to keep clean and 17" so I can fit my current tyres on them. I am not fussy about brands but would require something durable and hard wearing.

Cheers 

I prefer the Wolfrace wheels; the Momos are a bit too busy looking for my taste. I'm a fan of Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 and 3 wheels.

• Like 1

i would also say the wolfrace wheels myself also agree with dan p

• Like 1

I wrote a long post and now it's gone! booo hiss!

So, I am leaning more and more towards Bronze 6 spoke wheels now after seeing a few cars online with them fitted. 

lihxrjw.jpg

ford-focus-7690152_b_e9ed395667aa95c1_zp

Any suggestions for brands or where I could get them from? So far my research came up with:
My current alloys are 17" 5x108 5J and ET50. The alloys online are mostly 7 or 8J and and ET 35. 

They don't like right to me.. They dont suit the shape of the focus but that's just my opinion

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

They don't like right to me.. They dont suit the shape of the focus but that's just my opinion

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the opinion. Just wanting something different after a read/follow an interesting piece about a Mk6 Golf GTI off the Speedhunters website. I kinda want my car to stand out a bit and that's why bronze appealed to me. Also, an unfussy clean design with the 6 spokes. There is method to the madness lol