Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hassen's Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Build Thread

Hassen

Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were about this:

My Panther Black Focus with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in Gloss Black 17" ? 

Yay or Nay for Black wheels on a black car? 

I know, it's only ones opinion but I am torn right now as there is a set going for within budget but I was hoping to get it in Anthracite rather.

I generally really like black wheels and think they'd look good, however, I think the anthracite may look better on a black car.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dan P said:

I generally really like black wheels and think they'd look good, however, I think the anthracite may look better on a black car.

I would agree with you on that. Given the price difference of €150 euro between the 2 colours after including shipping, it's a really tempting deal to just get the black, see how it is and further down the line if it needs a refurb, to change the colour then :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

battery upgraded to Bosch S4 as recommended by Lenny. So far, no issues and cold starts much smoother.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hassen said:

Battery upgraded to Bosch S4 as recommended by Lenny. So far, no issues and cold starts much smoother.

✋Hi 5 

• Like 1

On 29/06/2016 at 8:00 AM, Lenny said:

✋Hi 5 

And a 2 weeks after, wife's Seat Leon battery died as well. Ordered a Bosch S4 as well for herself. Arrived today and fitting it tomorrow. Eurocar Parts had their usual 30% off and with cheap £3.95 for such a heavy item to Ireland, it was a no brainer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hassen said:

And a 2 weeks after, wife's Seat Leon battery died as well. Ordered a Bosch S4 as well for herself. Arrived today and fitting it tomorrow. Eurocar Parts had their usual 30% off and with cheap £3.95 for such a heavy item to Ireland, it was a no brainer. 

Sounds great at that price, 

Very difficult to get a battery shipped via courier even if its only across the country as there classed as chemical transportation 😒😧

#DamnYouDGSA 

• Like 1

Agreed. This is the first online retailer that had no issues shipping a battery and it was very well packaged as well. Fitted it today within 25min or so as I had to Youtube how to change it for her car specifically. All good and no issues to be reported :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update: Sadly car is now for sale. It was a joy to own but time to move on to a different car now as I am driving a lot less. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hassen said:

Update: Sadly car is now for sale. It was a joy to own but time to move on to a different car now as I am driving a lot less.

Sorry to see you selling Hassan,

If I was you id be keeping the focus and selling the Leon as you have invested quite a bit in to it and the focus is an economical car but I'm sure you have evaluated all the options before leading to this point.

It's definitely priced to sell, If the weather is good today perhaps take it to a scenec area such as Marley park for some selling photos as I know your good with the camera 📷

Interested to see replacement 👍

IMG_20140906_125923_zpsxiqfrfe_edit_1414

• Like 1

What a coincidence Hassen as my car is now back to standard and being replaced for the very same reason. You have the fun of getting your car back to standard or is the kit you fitted staying with the car?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lenny said:

Sorry to see you selling Hassan,

If I was you id be keeping the focus and selling the Leon as you have invested quite a bit in to it and the focus is an economical car but I'm sure you have evaluated all the options before leading to this point.

It's definitely priced to sell, If the weather is good today perhaps take it to a scenec area such as Marley park for some selling photos as I know your good with the camera 📷

Interested to see replacement 👍

IMG_20140906_125923_zpsxiqfrfe_edit_1414

Thanks for the kind words Lenny. It's after a long debate with myself that I decided to sell the car, very reluctantly. I am driving a lot less than before, less than 150km/week as compared to 1500km/week now since I moved jobs to Wicklow. The mileage on the car is quite high compared to others on sale here and for that reason as well, I priced it keenly. Got pictures taken the other day after a good wash and put it up on Done Deal. 

All going well, by the end of this coming week I should have the replacement car. It's something older, petrol and very fast ;)

8 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

What a coincidence Hassen as my car is now back to standard and being replaced for the very same reason. You have the fun of getting your car back to standard or is the kit you fitted staying with the car?

I actually haven't taken out the sound equipment and hoping to get it all off during the week. All the standard equipment should go back in and Speakers will be replaced with Vibe aftermarket ones in the front as I hacked away the stock Fords. Not really looking forward to doing the reverse process to be honest but it needs to be done. 

What car you getting btw?

Hi Hassen. I'll post very soon what car I'm getting.

I travelled to Oldham to get my car back to standard as they put my gear in. I'm suprised how damn good my focus sounds but mind you they put the Boom mats in that were in the box by mistake. They'll be coming out to go into my new car.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2016 at 9:09 PM, tazzman600 said:

Hi Hassen. I'll post very soon what car I'm getting.

I travelled to Oldham to get my car back to standard as they put my gear in. I'm suprised how damn good my focus sounds but mind you they put the Boom Mats in that were in the box by mistake. They'll be coming out to go into my new car.

That's cool that they did the reverse process and you got the boom mats :)

I started doing the reverse today. Managed just to get the rear door Speakers back hooked up to the stock wires as I was running them on the amp. Fairly straight forward process. Tomorrow, I will get my Focal Speakers out of the fronts to be replaced by Vibe 6 Slick component Speakers that I had before. Time allowing, and weather permitting as this is Ireland after all, I will also get the subwoofer, amps and wiring out of the car then. The last thing to go out will be the headunit as I need the car working till Friday. 

• Like 2

This afternoon after about 3hr of work, the car sound system is back to stock configuration.

The guy is coming tomorrow morning to do the paperwork and pick her up. Part of me is sad to see her go but the other part knows it's the right time to move on. In the afternoon travelling to Galway to get my new to me car! Should be home in the evening and might put some pictures up then :)

• Like 3

You'll be in heaven on way way back home with your new car.

• Like 3

look forward to seeing pics of the new car fella. shame to see the focus go but we all move on at some point

• Like 3

look forward to seeing pics of the new car fella. shame to see the focus go but we all move on at some point

+1

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This afternoon after about 3hr of work, the car sound system is back to stock configuration.

The guy is coming tomorrow morning to do the paperwork and pick her up. Part of me is sad to see her go but the other part knows it's the right time to move on. In the afternoon travelling to Galway to get my new to me car! Should be home in the evening and might put some pictures up then :)

I think its a mk3 focus

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Focus sold this morning and new owner came to pick it up. Now travelling to Galway to get the new car.

No, it's not a Mk3 Focus. Hint: it's not a Ford either ;)

• Like 5

Blimey what a coincidence coz my focus is now gone too.

Posting soon as to its replacement.

• Like 3

Already posted my goodbye to Ford. Titled Goodbye Ford.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Already posted my goodbye to Ford. Titled Goodbye Ford.

Wow that's.... that's a truly inspirational title I see what you did there and how it relates back to the course of action 😁

• Like 1

Well I was hoping for a comment on my thread.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club