Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hassen's Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci Build Thread

Hassen

Well I was hoping for a comment on my thread.

Well as you know blue oval lovers will only comment good only for blue oval models. Dont really want anyone leaving from a blue oval.

Yuni

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

True yunii but there are those times when the blue oval just don't make a certain car but others do. I'm fond of Fords and may on day down the years return.

• Like 2

It was quite a sad and also exciting day last Friday. In the morning, the guy came over to pick up my old Focus and give me the money. I then trekked it by bus to Galway and there picked up my shiny new to me motor.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX estate in black with Gold STI alloysIMG_20160819_182120_zpsn3fggwpl.jpg

• Like 5

The drive home made me grin from ear to ear. I even turned the stereo off for most part of the journey. It is an impressive machine with very useable power and oh the fun when hitting boost! 

Car is very comfortable and quieter on motorways than the Focus was and this is it in stock form. Leather seats, bucket front seats that are heated, sunroof, Corners like nothing I been before and grips even with tyres that are quite worn. I could go on and on.

Downsides are that the door cards will need replacing as one of the owners along the lines cut the door cards to fit Fli aftermarket Speakers! It's really bugging me and I am on the lookout to get them changed stat. Other than a K&N air filter to drop in, I don't plan on doing any mods to this one. I will of course be fitting my own sound system into it with a subwoofer ;)

Not saying going as I am still going to be around on the forums, but a bit less :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hassen said:

It was quite a sad and also exciting day last Friday. In the morning, the guy came over to pick up my old Focus and give me the money. I then trekked it by bus to Galway and there picked up my shiny new to me motor.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX estate in black with Gold STI alloys. IMG_20160819_182120_zpsn3fggwpl.jpg

Looks awesome Hassan,

graphite on the wheels would look more subtle imo.

4 wheel drive aswell👍

tracking alignment when replacing the tyres would be a wise decision to ensure you're getting most value.

• Like 1

Once you've had heated seats you just Can Not go back. Really lovely car you've got there Hassen. Well done and most of all ENJOY as I'm enjoying my Lexus.

• Like 1

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX estate in black with Gold STI alloys. IMG_20160819_182120_zpsn3fggwpl.jpg

Awesome car , i would've got that one in the far corner of the carpark. Although not my preference.they are very quick. I am temted to go for a BMW M3.

Yunii

• Like 2

Nice new car mate, was looking at these a while back but couldnt find a decent one in my price range. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Looks awesome Hassan,

graphite on the wheels would look more subtle imo.

4 wheel drive aswell👍

tracking alignment when replacing the tyres would be a wise decision to ensure you're getting most value.

Thanks Lenny.

The plan is to think about the colour of the wheels for a bit and decide whether Anthracite/Gun metal grey would suit it better. It is already loud with the Prodrive exhaust and the gold wheels just adds to the craziness a bit lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

Once you've had heated seats you just Can Not go back. Really lovely car you've got there Hassen. Well done and most of all ENJOY as I'm enjoying my Lexus.

I actually agree after trying it out in 20 degree head lol

Thanks man. I am definitely enjoying it as I been out twice for runs into the Wicklow mountains over the weekend. It does make going to the shop for milk that little bit more fun :)

1 hour ago, yunii said:

Awesome car , i would've got that one in the far corner of the carpark. Although not my preference.they are very quick. I am temted to go for a BMW M3.

Yunii

As much as I would love to own an M3, with the tax of over €1000/year here makes it unrealistic for myself to justify that. The Audis are fun and my long term plan is to work towards owning an S4 estate with the 3L supercharged engine. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JC600 said:

Nice new car mate, was looking at these a while back but couldnt find a decent one in my price range. :) 

Thanks. I got very lucky as it was the only one on sale in Ireland at the moment and it was completely stock unlike most others. In Ireland they are difficult to insure and a lot of them have been shipped to the Uk. Well worth driving one :)

• Like 1

looks a great example of a scobie you got there and hope you in joy it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hassen said:

Thanks Lenny.

The plan is to think about the colour of the wheels for a bit and decide whether Anthracite/Gun metal grey would suit it better. It is already loud with the Prodrive exhaust and the gold wheels just adds to the craziness a bit lol

The R747 is my favourite road in the entire country and i know it like the back of my hand mate,

Take the N11 down to Arklow the R747 goes out top of arklow through forestry area two hair pins one chicane on to woodenbridge then through tinahealy on to hacketstown and then baltinglass which will then take you to blessington then back on M50 at Tallaght.

Better to go from tallaght down but best but is between tinahealy and arklow town.

Image2417.jpg

Driving my focus home today I was goin like:

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny.

The R747 is my favourite road in the entire country and i know it like the back of my hand mate,

Take the N11 down to Arklow the R747 goes out top of arklow through forestry area two hair pins one chicane on to woodenbridge then through tinahealy on to hacketstown and then baltinglass which will then take you to blessington then back on M50 at Tallaght.

Better to go from tallaght down but best but is between tinahealy and arklow town.

Image2417.jpg

Driving my focus home today I was goin like:

I totally agree with you man. I been on it before with the Focus and can't waut to go back there with the scooby. Even at slow speeds it's a joy to drive.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Hassen said:

I totally agree with you man. I been on it before with the Focus and can't waut to go back there with the scooby. Even at slow speeds it's a joy to drive.

How has the first week been with the new car? 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 0:57 PM, Lenny said:

How has the first week been with the new car? 

It's been very good. Had to start sorting out the sound system and transferred my Speakers and head unit in the new car. Only had to buy speaker adaptors for the front. The previous owner/s had brought it to Halfords and sadly they cut holes in the doorcards. Not a pretty sight. Now with the car having leather on the door cards, I am finding it difficult to get an exact replacement. So got a cheap second hand set with black fabric and once funds allow I will get an upholster to sort it out. 

IMG_20160824_190339_zps07x9vknp.jpg

IMG_20160827_220038_zpsamzjchtv.jpg

IMG_20160827_220156_zps0sx2eudd.jpg

I ordered also a subwoofer box that sits inside the 16" spare alloy wheel and goes in the boot. Hoping it arrives this week and will wire it all up. Then sound system will be done for now. 

K&N drop in air filter is next on the list and also ordered new tyres. Then, done with mods and will try to keep the car as stock as possible since this one is rare in estate form and I plan on keeping it for a while :)

• Like 2

IMG_20160827_163545_zpscm27ojsh.jpg

Love it. Funny how the Subaru are so darn difficult to insure here!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hassen said:

It's been very good. Had to start sorting out the sound system and transferred my speakers and head unit in the new car. Only had to buy speaker adaptors for the front. The previous owner/s had brought it to Halfords and sadly they cut holes in the doorcards. Not a pretty sight. Now with the car having leather on the door cards, I am finding it difficult to get an exact replacement. So got a cheap second hand set with black fabric and once funds allow I will get an upholster to sort it out. 

IMG_20160824_190339_zps07x9vknp.jpg

IMG_20160827_220038_zpsamzjchtv.jpg

IMG_20160827_220156_zps0sx2eudd.jpg

I ordered also a subwoofer box that sits inside the 16" spare alloy wheel and goes in the boot. Hoping it arrives this week and will wire it all up. Then sound system will be done for now. 

K&N drop in air filter is next on the list and also ordered new tyres. Then, done with mods and will try to keep the car as stock as possible since this one is rare in estate form and I plan on keeping it for a while :)

Looks like they fitted the crossover box's in place of the original Speakers,

IMG_20160824_190339_zps07x9vknp-1_zpsdwy

Resulting in them 😦surface mounting the Speakers to make additional room for the cone to recess in to the doors, 

Should track down that member of Halfords and give em a few smacks in the chops disaster.

• Like 1

The crossover you can see is actually my own Focal ones that I mounted in that spot as it was the only place suitable. And yea, I am making an educated guess that this was a quick job in the shop as the live wires for the amplifier they installed, was touching the carpet, had singed it and was a total fire risk! Instead of a quick change headunit, Speakers and amplifier job, I had to rip out everything and start fresh coz I just didn't trust what was done before. It was an absolute nightmare and took longer than a normal install! Grrr!

31 minutes ago, Hassen said:

Love it. Funny how the Subaru are so darn difficult to insure here!

Try contacting SimplyInsure.ie 

there based in Waterford they have a website but they only use it to recieve notifications that your interested in obtaining a quote, they then phone you, 

When recommending a company i usually say "tell them lenny sent you" but when it comes to getting the best quote on your car insurance; its probably best you don't say you know me atall 😀

anyways they covered my Levin for €540 👌

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Try contacting SimplyInsure.ie 

there based in Waterford they have a website but they only use it to recieve notifications that your interested in obtaining a quote, they then phone you, 

i usually say "tell them lenny sent you" but when it comes to getting the best quote on insurance; probably best you don't say you know me atall 😀

anyways they covered my Levin for €540 👌

Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind when I have to renew next. I just got it done through The AA this time round as I was switching vehicles mid policy.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi hassen. Don’t suppose you remember what settings you used to use on your racechip? I’ve just got one and my engine is running like a bag of nails.