Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tracking Of A Factory Order

adambell

Is there a way a member if the public can track their factory order car without having to go through a dealer?

I am have no luck with mine.

I have the vin if anyone can help

Or even any if you kind folk that work in a dealership that can run a check for me

How did you g order the car was it through lease company

Yes through a lease company, between them and ford they don't appear to have a clue what stage the car is at

You probably find they might wait to march so the dealer can so better sales for the new 14 plate these days they are all concerned with their stats I know oat lease company say 6-8 weeks for the car how long have you been waiting

I have been waiting since early November.

I have just called the leasing company and they just fob me off saying its estimated to be the end of feb.

That's too long but saying end of feb is because they are getting discount for waiting so new 14 plate sale stats look good they probably have 100 orders waiting what lease company is it

It's tuskerdirect, it's who we have to use. I am assuming like you that I will have to wait for the new reg in March. The confusing thing is that they were only able to supply a vin number last week

The car will be sitting at the dealership ready to go bit with 14 plates but I never heard of that company my company usually uses lex, ge capital . Pendragon

Of lease drivel well the car at least should be worth the wait

I have been told by the leasing company that there is no more information than it was built on 30/11/0002 (yes they actually claim my car has been built for 2012 years!!!!) and it's expected (I stress only expected not confirmed) for shipping/delivery on 27/02/14.

Hence why I would like to try and actually track the !Removed! thing

They sound like a usless company to deal with they should be able to give all info including what the reg is show that fuel cards can be arranged for when car arrive are you dealing with the lease company direct or is it you company dealing with them

It's me dealing with them directly, there are no fuel cards to organise as we pay for our own fuel and simply claim it back on expenses.

I just can't for the life of me understand why it takes so long to get a car built and delivered.

By the way the build date etc are from etis

They are just doing it for stats that how they get the cars dirt cheap but considering how long ago you ordered they should be able to give you all the details including the reg did you order any extra options

Have a look on etis, (www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do ) when the car gets a numberplate it should show on there.

Ed, I've looked on etis already and it's given rubbish info, for example a build date of 30/11/0002.

Etis doesn't tell me if the car has actually been build, shipped or delivered to the dealer

Ah, I wasn't sure if the build date was from etis or not. That is a right pain! The company might deal with a specific ford dealer, could be worth asking and taking things from there?

Am I right in thinking a can go into any ford dealer, ask them nicely to check for me and give them the vin and simply sit back and await the results?

Couldn't say, could be worth ringing the lease company and asking what dealer they use?

Latest update from the lease company is that my car is now expected on 04/04/14, if it is actually delivered then, it will be 20 weeks after placing the order.

It's stupid that I would on cancelled it and went else where that are reliable

Unfortunately cancelling the order is not an option, I simply have to wait.

I know what you mean but you must be at that stage is it for company or personal

It is my replacement company car and I am unable to cancel at this point.

If I did cancel I would only have to place another order and that wouldn't arrive by the time the mondeo is due anyway.

How many times have the company used them before

Well there is around 3000 people in my company so quite a few times hahaha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club