Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With My Mpg, It's Too Low! Car Is Drinking Too Much Petrol

Angelo Powershift

Hi every1, I have a Ford Focus 1.6 titanium powershift 2013, it's done 4200 miles. My mpg always showing 20-22mpg.

I do a lot of local driving not much motorway, and I'm always doing around 30mph due to constant

Traffic and very slow drivers! But it should be at least over 25mpg! I'm putting petrol in nearly every week, I fill the tank about 3/4 full and it practically goes in about a week and 1/2! Is this normal?

Can anyone please advise me if this is normal?

Sad to say but I doubt you will get over that in urban use. If you were doing a constant speed over a long distance in top gear then you would get better mileage. But stop start and continually changing gears down will just drink petrol.

All you can do is accelerate SLOWER, brake gently and make sure you haven't any thing in the car that you don't need, excess weight or roof bars/box will add to your woes.

Sounds unsurprising. You might get a bit more fuel use from a service and a lighter load, but other than the basics (tyre pressure, weight reduction etc) you struggle to get that out of an automatic.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club