Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Experience In Buying A Brand New Fiesta

DanielP

Hello all,

My first post to this great forum. I hope to buy a brand new Fiesta style 1.25 82PS 5DR either 63 or 14 model. As this is my first time purchasing new I would love to hear your experiences in buying directly from a dealership and perhaps even the best way of achieving the best price from your dealer.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing your stories.

Regards,

Daniel

Funnily enough I've just ordered a 1 litre Ecoboost 100ps Fiesta Zetec this very day.

Yesterday on the phone i called up 5 Ford franchised dealers in a radius around around me and told them what I was after. No ifs or buts, Tell them the colour, engine, spare wheel etc etc. Show them you're not mucking about and won't waste their time. Tell them you want to pick it up on 1st March (whatever) and make it plain that the dealer that gives you the best price gets your money. Then sit back and chat to them when they get back to you. The winner must match the best price and include rubber mats and a full tank of fuel. Salesmen have to be nice; it's part of the deal.

tom.

Bought my new car last August through orangewheels made a great saving was gonna go nearly new but the

price was as cheap got a 10l ecoboost zetec in white with city pack only thing was I had to go down to Guildford ( think ford ) as I live in York it was a fair trek but still saved even with a overnight stay would definitely do it again.

Best time to buy a new car is November, told them the spec and they rang me with cars in the system.

Paid cash and traded my 10 year old 196K mile Mondeo, £12K for a new Fiesta, bargain!

Funnily enough I've just ordered a 1 litre Ecoboost 100ps Fiesta Zetec this very day.

Yesterday on the phone i called up 5 Ford franchised dealers in a radius around around me and told them what I was after. No ifs or buts, Tell them the colour, engine, spare wheel etc etc. Show them you're not mucking about and won't waste their time. Tell them you want to pick it up on 1st March (whatever) and make it plain that the dealer that gives you the best price gets your money. Then sit back and chat to them when they get back to you. The winner must match the best price and include rubber mats and a full tank of fuel. Salesmen have to be nice; it's part of the deal.

tom.

So what happens when after you have signed on the dotted line they rung you up on February 15 and tell you there has been a delay and you wont get it until April 5th. Mine took over 20 weeks to be delivered to me from ordering by the way, after being told 8 - 12 weeks.

Salesmen are always nice to your face, they just wait till you walk out the door before slagging you off. :-)

I waited 3 months for my car . They ended up damaging one of the wheels getting it off the lorry and put back the hand over day a few more days .

I got sold Ford protect , I think that's an extra warranty on the car for 2 years but that was a waste of money ,they asked me if I wanted my car superguarded - to preserve my brand new paint, "it's a layer of protection" they said ...This , I found out on the day I got the car means a polish kit for £300 - ( who ever has been stung by the supaguard trick knows what I mean) to this day the super guard kit sits in a cupboard and I use Auto glym instead - bit like when u buy a pair of trainers and they try to sell you waterproof stain guard. Yes I fell for that trick ...

The car came with no foot mats and had 20 miles of petrol in the tank so on the day I got the car I had to buy some mats for £40 and fill it up at the first petrol station or run out on the way home or in traffic ... Annoying

Didn't have the chance to put mud flaps , spare alloy wheel in the boot or arm rest on whould have gone for them options if they were available

Car had no ash tray and still doesn't but that would have been a nice thought to ask me if I smoke , from what I work out the ashtray goes in the cup holders ?

Was looking at some amazing 13 plate fiestas on eBay and I think my next ford will be from there so I can avoid the salesmen that just care about making a sale and think that they are real business executives lol, they sold a fiesta to someone that wants a fiesta - simple case of supply and demand and that's how they charge people up . All this talk of availability and spec ect ... , I'm sure there is no way of not getting slightly robbed when u buy a car

U can't beat a brand new fresh ford though :)

@Papuma. If the car gets delayed that's no problem with a P/X deal.

But Daniel - we haven't heard from you since you started this thread. What's a 1.25 82PS? I hope it's not a diesel.

Ever thought about Motorpoint? Always been very quick, easy, efficient, stress free. Very little hard sell and never tried to push me into OTT or unnecessary finance deals. Plus they've usually got lots in stock. The prices are fairly low already so not much leverage in negotiating a lower price but always made a tidy saving. I've always got the make/model/trim/colour wanted and never had any issues with resale etc. Only notable downside is sometimes travelling a bit to collect unless you stump up £99, but there are several branches. Orange Wheels is a good bet too and slightly older dealer pre-reg they've had lurking about in the show room for a bit longer than they'd like. Just know what make/model/trim/options/colour you want before hand and be well informed anyway, especially going a dealer route. Hope that helps and good luck.

I waited 3 months for my car . They ended up damaging one of the wheels getting it off the lorry and put back the hand over day a few more days .

I got sold Ford protect , I think that's an extra warranty on the car for 2 years but that was a waste of money ,they asked me if I wanted my car superguarded - to preserve my brand new paint, "it's a layer of protection" they said ...This , I found out on the day I got the car means a polish kit for £300 - ( who ever has been stung by the supaguard trick knows what I mean) to this day the super guard kit sits in a cupboard and I use Auto glym instead - bit like when u buy a pair of trainers and they try to sell you waterproof stain guard. Yes I fell for that trick ...

The car came with no foot mats and had 20 miles of petrol in the tank so on the day I got the car I had to buy some mats for £40 and fill it up at the first petrol station or run out on the way home or in traffic ... Annoying

Didn't have the chance to put mud flaps , spare alloy wheel in the boot or arm rest on whould have gone for them options if they were available

Car had no ash tray and still doesn't but that would have been a nice thought to ask me if I smoke , from what I work out the ashtray goes in the cup holders ?

Was looking at some amazing 13 plate fiestas on eBay and I think my next ford will be from there so I can avoid the salesmen that just care about making a sale and think that they are real business executives lol, they sold a fiesta to someone that wants a fiesta - simple case of supply and demand and that's how they charge people up . All this talk of availability and spec ect ... , I'm sure there is no way of not getting slightly robbed when u buy a car

U can't beat a brand new fresh ford though :)

They only pay about £30 for the diamond bright stuff, and flog it to the customer for £300. The options are where they make their money!

• Like 1

Many thanks for all your replies and useful advice.

@tomroscoe - I've been eying up a Fiesta Style on Drivethedeal.com. Has anyone had any experience with this method? They are offering a brand new 5dr Ford Fiesta 1.25 82 Style for £9577.77 delivered (no add-on's included in that price). See it here: http://drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/ford/fiesta+hatchback/1.25+82+style+5dr_57291.html.

If I was to go down the 'buying new' route I would prefer to deal with a local dealer but if they're too expensive then I'd try something like Drivethedeal.com.

I'm a little concerned with nearly-new cars or pre-reg sales from dealers as the price mentioned above is very close to what they are looking (ref: autotrader.co.uk).

@BrownMotoring - Thanks for the heads-up with Motorpoint, they're selling the model mentioned above new at £8,999 today. That's been the best price I've seen so far! Where are they based? I'd probably need it delivered to West Wales (although a road-trip could be fun!) Did you buy your car from Motorpoint?

My advice would be to shop around (fairly obvious I know) and then negotiate with your local dealer quoting prices you have

found elsewhere. I bought me new 2013 Zetec S from my local Lookers and they matched the cheapest price of that model with

the cheapest price I found on the internet. Don't be sucked into buying unnecessary options such as a sat nav - the

ones you can buy over the counter are far better that the factory fitted options!

Like any business, garages need to make a profit or they would cease to exist and car salesman need to sell cars to make a

living. Whenever I have bought a new car, I have done my research, knew exactly what I wanted and treated the salesman with

respect - it has always worked for me.

Hi, good advice from GrahamJC there also. Go to whoever offers the best deal. For me that's generally been Motorpoint. I tried hard to battle down the price with Allen Ford in Bath in the summer and they couldn't get anywhere near Motorpoint. Tried a few places as shopping around is a must but went trotting back to Motorpoint anyway.

The current car (see pic) is my 6th from Motorpoint. I was actually due to have the same model but in Nautical Blue (also from Motorpoint). Nautical blue it turns out is a rare colour and I eventually found one at local dealer in Bristol two days before I was due to collect it. I really disliked it so I sat on the dealer forecourt in the car, on the phone to Motorpoint and swapping to Frozen White, much happier bunny. Looks good too. Funny moment was when a sales bloke came out and asked if he could help to which I replied "no ta, I'm just buying my new Fiesta cheaper elsewhere", he didn't know what to say to that and went off. I've swapped colours/orders twice with Motorpoint and it's never bothered them in the slightest.

Anyway, current one came from Derby. £99 will get it transported to a closer branch if there isn't one there already, but I like the road trip and it's not desperately far. Good time to familiarise yourself with the new toy. Other branches in Peterborough, Glasgow, Burnley, Chingford, Newport and Birmingham is a new one. Shop around but if you land on Motorpoint it's very asy, find a car, couple of 20 min calls on the phone, paperwork follows, collection is done and dusted in 20 mins and your on the road without all the usual smarmy dealer fluff and ball ache (sorry dealers out there).

Many thanks for all your replies and useful advice.

@tomroscoe - I've been eying up a Fiesta Style on Drivethedeal.com. Has anyone had any experience with this method? They are offering a brand new 5dr Ford Fiesta 1.25 82 Style for £9577.77 delivered (no add-on's included in that price). See it here: http://drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/ford/fiesta+hatchback/1.25+82+style+5dr_57291.html.

If I was to go down the 'buying new' route I would prefer to deal with a local dealer but if they're too expensive then I'd try something like Drivethedeal.com.

I'm a little concerned with nearly-new cars or pre-reg sales from dealers as the price mentioned above is very close to what they are looking (ref: autotrader.co.uk).

@BrownMotoring - Thanks for the heads-up with Motorpoint, they're selling the model mentioned above new at £8,999 today. That's been the best price I've seen so far! Where are they based? I'd probably need it delivered to West Wales (although a road-trip could be fun!) Did you buy your car from Motorpoint?

Nope, new ones too. In a lot of cases they are brand new with delivery miles but Motorpoint may be the first owner. Brand new car but you could be the 2nd owner where that's the case.

Was ready to take the plunge with Motorpoint until they told me the car was an import from Malta with only 24 months warranty. Which started on the 1st January. The deal just looked too good to be true ... Unfortunately in this instance it was the case.

Has anyone had experience with drivethedeal.com? They are next on my hit list at £9,577.77.

If you do venture into the dealer, get a proper quote drawn up if your going to have any finance and have a part ex valuation etc.

Take the quote away with you and study it in your own time. The dealers might, for example, make you think you're getting a lot for the trade in or a decent monthly payment etc, but they'll just add this saving on somewhere else less obvious - and the pressure of sitting in front of the salesman does make you blinkered to it!

Then when you're absolutely sure it's the deal for you, go for it! Any doubts, walk away :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Was ready to take the plunge with Motorpoint until they told me the car was an import from Malta with only 24 months warranty. Which started on the 1st January. The deal just looked too good to be true ... Unfortunately in this instance it was the case.

Has anyone had experience with drivethedeal.com? They are next on my hit list at £9,577.77.

That's a shame as it would have been spot on by the sound of it. Mines UK sourced, spec and warranty but you are sensible to check everything carefully and spot on as I had a Punto (not a great motoring experience, lol) many moons ago that was sourced from France. Pays to check so all the boxes are ticked. I've already had one small warranty repair too :-/

Well spotted @igglepiggle, I missed that note before. I think it is still worth giving them a call on that number. I'll let you know what the score is afterwards.

The 2014 BRAND NEW FIESTA 1.25i 60PS STYLE 5DR on Burns is £10,795, over £1,000 more than the 82PS version on DrivetheDeal.

Thanks for identifying the disclaimer.

Another route to consider perhaps? - Has any one had dealings with Broadspeed?

More expensive than I wish to pay but taking the 1.25 82PS Zetec 5DR as an example, Burns (link in previous post) charge £11,995 (here: http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/new_ford.php?ID=8841) and Broadspeed charge £11,119 + £199 fee (here: http://www.broadspeed.com/CarView/Ford/Fiesta/35517/1.25_1.25_82PS_Petrol_Style_Manual_5_doors).

It might be that we need to start looking down the nearly new route again however I'd love to find a new UK Style 1.25 82PS 5DR for under £9,500. (Yet to talk to Drivethedeal.com).

I have since discovered my discount sites advertise a price then add at least £495 do matter what colour you choose (even the solid Race Red). For example, buyacar.co.uk advertise the 1.25 82PS 5dr style for £10,119 but actually the minimum price you can buy it at is £10,614.

So it might be back to the drawing board again (still waiting to hear back from drivethedeal).

Don't you get the £495 discount when taking Ford finance?

My experience is nerve wracking so far...

I went with carwow which is brilliant, you tell them what you want and on your online dashboard main ford dealers offer you a price. The price offered was the cheapest from anywhere including DTD and the advantage is knowing where the dealer is.

The bad thing is that my ford options finance request has been referred, meaning I wasn't automatically excepted. Have good credit and was accepted for a mortgage 6 months ago but ford ask you for your addresses over the last 5 years (more detail than my mortgage provider wanted!) and I have a lot of addresses (5).

Hopefully I'll be accepted, fingers crossed