DanielP

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2014

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Was ready to take the plunge with Motorpoint until they told me the car was an import from Malta with only 24 months warranty. Which started on the 1st January. The deal just looked too good to be true ... Unfortunately in this instance it was the case.

Has anyone had experience with drivethedeal.com? They are next on my hit list at £9,577.77.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 557 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

If you do venture into the dealer, get a proper quote drawn up if your going to have any finance and have a part ex valuation etc.

Take the quote away with you and study it in your own time. The dealers might, for example, make you think you're getting a lot for the trade in or a decent monthly payment etc, but they'll just add this saving on somewhere else less obvious - and the pressure of sitting in front of the salesman does make you blinkered to it!

Then when you're absolutely sure it's the deal for you, go for it! Any doubts, walk away :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

#18 BrownMotoring

BrownMotoring

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Was ready to take the plunge with Motorpoint until they told me the car was an import from Malta with only 24 months warranty. Which started on the 1st January. The deal just looked too good to be true ... Unfortunately in this instance it was the case.

Has anyone had experience with drivethedeal.com? They are next on my hit list at 9,577.77.

That's a shame as it would have been spot on by the sound of it. Mines UK sourced, spec and warranty but you are sensible to check everything carefully and spot on as I had a Punto (not a great motoring experience, lol) many moons ago that was sourced from France. Pays to check so all the boxes are ticked. I've already had one small warranty repair too :-/

#19 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

IB

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Name: IAN
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 (125) ecoboost titanium

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

ALL MODELS (except Studio & ST):
Our quotes are for cars that will be registered to small companies or self employed individuals who are VAT registered. If you are a retail customer looking to buy a new car in your own name then please telephone us to request a quote. Tel: 01628 472276 or 08456 262626. 

Drive the deal...... do you meet the above criteria? if not your looking at having to pay VAT (20%) extra.

Also

Try these guys http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/new.php currently have a good choice of brand new unregistered Fiesta's 

They've good discounts on new Fiesta's and remember if your taking finance to take a further £500 of the price. 

I recommend going for the Ecoboost engine, good for performance and MPG.

#20 DanielP

DanielP

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well spotted @igglepiggle, I missed that note before. I think it is still worth giving them a call on that number. I'll let you know what the score is afterwards.

The 2014 BRAND NEW FIESTA 1.25i 60PS STYLE 5DR on Burns is £10,795, over £1,000 more than the 82PS version on DrivetheDeal.

Thanks for identifying the disclaimer.

#21 DanielP

DanielP

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Another route to consider perhaps? - Has any one had dealings with Broadspeed?

More expensive than I wish to pay but taking the 1.25 82PS Zetec 5DR as an example, Burns (link in previous post) charge £11,995 (here: http://www.burnsgarages.co.uk/new_ford.php?ID=8841) and Broadspeed charge £11,119 + £199 fee (here: http://www.broadspeed.com/CarView/Ford/Fiesta/35517/1.25_1.25_82PS_Petrol_Style_Manual_5_doors).

It might be that we need to start looking down the nearly new route again however I'd love to find a new UK Style 1.25 82PS 5DR for under £9,500. (Yet to talk to Drivethedeal.com).

#22 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

IB

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Try these http://www.carwow.co.uk/

http://www.orangewheels.co.uk/

The sort of deals Burns (Ford Dealer) are doing are around the best your going to get, maybe you could try for several hundred pounds more off or some freebies like mats, mudflaps & full fuel tank thrown in.

Good Luck

#23 DanielP

DanielP

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

I have since discovered my discount sites advertise a price then add at least £495 do matter what colour you choose (even the solid Race Red). For example, buyacar.co.uk advertise the 1.25 82PS 5dr style for £10,119 but actually the minimum price you can buy it at is £10,614.

So it might be back to the drawing board again (still waiting to hear back from drivethedeal).

#24 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,568 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Don't you get the £495 discount when taking Ford finance?

#25 smfdurham

smfdurham

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

My experience is nerve wracking so far...

I went with carwow which is brilliant, you tell them what you want and on your online dashboard main ford dealers offer you a price. The price offered was the cheapest from anywhere including DTD and the advantage is knowing where the dealer is.

The bad thing is that my ford options finance request has been referred, meaning I wasn't automatically excepted. Have good credit and was accepted for a mortgage 6 months ago but ford ask you for your addresses over the last 5 years (more detail than my mortgage provider wanted!) and I have a lot of addresses (5).

Hopefully I'll be accepted, fingers crossed

#26 smfdurham

smfdurham

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Phew - accepted!

New fiesta 1.0 ecoboost titanium x in moondust silver on its way :-)

#27 tomroscoe

tomroscoe

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

For those buying a new Fiesta - one thing worth mentioning to the dealer - ensure that when they attach the front registration plate they should make sure it doesn't cross the lower horizontal chrome line of the front grille. Just looks better if the front grille shape is unobstructed in my view.

#28 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

IB

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

For those buying a new Fiesta - one thing worth mentioning to the dealer - ensure that when they attach the front registration plate they should make sure it doesn't cross the lower horizontal chrome line of the front grille. Just looks better if the front grille shape is unobstructed in my view.

They did exactly that to mine, I was going to ring before collecting but took the gamble :( First job i did when i got home was adjust it to below the Bottom chrome line.

#29 DanielP

DanielP

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

@smfdurham - Congratulations on your new Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost titanium x in moondust silver. Can I ask whether you dealt with your local dealer or an alternative supplier? Is your new Fiesta being built to order or was it already in stock?

Hopefully today I will hear back from various suppliers including my local dealer.

#30 smfdurham

smfdurham

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

@smfdurham - Congratulations on your new Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost titanium x in moondust silver. Can I ask whether you dealt with your local dealer or an alternative supplier? Is your new Fiesta being built to order or was it already in stock?

Hopefully today I will hear back from various suppliers including my local dealer.

Thanks mate! Very excited...

I used carwow and the best quote I got was from a dealer near Leeds, I went back and forth with emails to them and they said it would be a 12-14 week wait for the model I wanted, but there was a model already built that had the same spec but in a different colour. I went with it and will have the car in early March (around a month wait), it's not pre-reg I'll be the first owner

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying, new, dealership, dealers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users