Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Lamp Bulb Fault

Knightz-9

Hi All,

Ive just replaced all the brake bulbs after see 'Stop Lamp Bulb fault' on my cluster.

All the bulbs are working but only the 'High Brake light' illuminates when i press the brake pedal??

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Barry

2010 S-Max 2.0 TDCi Titanium Auto

something is not right,do you still have the 'Stop Lamp Bulb fault' on your instrument cluster.if so you changed the wrong bulbs or bought the wrong bulbs.

Agreed - there are two types of bulb which are *nearly* the same but not quite. One has pins at 180 deg to each other, the other at 270 deg. Both will fit in the holder but only the correct version will work.

Hi, Yes ..my pins are 180 deg with a single filament bulb, I will try replacing the small bulbs as the didn't seem to glow as brightly as the others..Possibly on their way out??.

Thanks,

Barry

have you still got the 'Stop Lamp Bulb fault' warning on though,if you have,you may have changed the wrong bulbs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, am new to forum but have the same problem. I changed both bulbs, all other bulb/lights are working but only rear illuminator comes on when I brake. Tried to check the fuse board but struggled to identify which fuse operated the brake lights.

I will check bulbs again but do you know if all brake lights operate on same wiring system as cannot understand why illuminator lights but not main brake lights.

Any help greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly I had this fault for a while and I realised it was the break light in the lid of the boot (the thin strip light). Once that was replaced (bit of a tricky procedure) it stopped that fault light appearing. Might help you as it puzzled me for a while.

• 4 months later...

Are you sure you have checked the correct bulbs. The inner ones on the tailgate are rear fog lights. The brake/tail lights which are 21/5w double filament bulbs are on the outer clusters along with indicator bulbs.

Just realised this myself after having the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 8 years later...

Hi I have the 2010 facelifted version I have no brake lights at all. checked fuse it is fine can't work out how to check the wire going to rear lights as someone has broken the clip to remove plug any suggestions as it's dangerous to drive around with no brake lights

3 hours ago, Robert S-Max said:

it's dangerous to drive around with no brake lights

No it's not dangerous. It is illegal and will get you a nice little fine !

Brake lights controlled via the BCM. If all 3 are out (assuming you have replaced the lamps) then the fault is likely to be a faulty switch on the brake pedal or the connector on the BCM could be suffering corrosion.

Thanks for replying but I had a mate take a look turns out it was the third or top light was sorted causing all not to work I put it down to a automatic car wash because there is no rain at the moment and I had it cleaned about 2 days ago