Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Light

Mally

Hey guys, quick question for you all, I drove to work this morning (about 26 miles) and my car was fine but then tonight on the way home about 1/4 of the way my engine light came on, so i turned my music down to listen for any bumps and bangs or any signs of disfunctions and there was nothing wrong that i could tell, when i got home i turned my ignition off and left it a minute to let the engine settle, I then turned my Car on again and it fired up the same as it usually does but the engine light is still on.....any thoughts what it could be?

It could be any one of a lot of things. It could also just have been a blip. Best get a code reader on it. That will give some idea.

Take a look at my signature - "got an error on your car?" for advice on getting a cheap code reader.

If you have the trip computer, turn the car off, press and hold the reset button in, and turn the car to electrics. Keep hold of the button and this should put you into test mode. when you hear the beep and see the computer change, let go.

Now, press the reset button to cycle through the computer. This will allow you to read the DTC section. You might see an error code in the format of Letter,4/5 digit number. such as P0030 or U9000 format.

If you see any codes, let us know what they are.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club