Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

Sirus67

On new kugas focus fiesta and i think mondeos they got bms (battery monitoring systems) and they keep the battery at a certian state when evrything is switched off or powering down (keep alive memory) and once you disconnect the battery you need to reset it, there has been cases where people have managed to spike the pcms by not resetting it.

Plus theres 6-7 years diffrence in technology changes from your 57 mondeo and a 2013 shape kuga.

Once the pcm recognises a drive cycle it will remeber it and the o ly way is to manually reset the learned values. But like i said previous the information display dosent always show the correct figures

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Great info guys thanks. What's got me thinking is that the car was recalled last week so ford could reset the "miles to empty" trip computer software.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Managed to get up to 46mpg yesterday enroute to Newcastle, sitting at a measly 65-72 mph right enough to attain this figure.... Driving miss Daisy!

I have pretty much the same engine in my Focus, although it is obviously not pulling so much weight.

I get around 40MPG around town. 45MPG when I take it on a back road run and got around 55MPG on a 4hr journey to Cornwall last June. The MPG will be better in the summer, I got only 51 MPG on the same journey to Cornwall last October.

I would still expect your Kuga to be able to achieve 50+ on a motorway run though if you are not breaking the limit.

My car did have over 9k on it when I bought it though and it has just ticked over 15k.

What fuel are you using?

I also was expecting around 55mpg on a long journey Alex, i think I definitely need to take it in and get checked over.

On new kugas focus fiesta and i think mondeos they got bms (battery monitoring systems) and they keep the battery at a certian state when evrything is switched off or powering down (keep alive memory) and once you disconnect the battery you need to reset it, there has been cases where people have managed to spike the pcms by not resetting it.

Plus theres 6-7 years diffrence in technology changes from your 57 mondeo and a 2013 shape kuga.

Once the pcm recognises a drive cycle it will remeber it and the o ly way is to manually reset the learned values. But like i said previous the information display dosent always show the correct figures

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks Kevin, its handy to learn something new! was there a "start date" when this really happened? as I am curious! but some excellent information there!

I wonder if the manual has anything documented about this particular feature?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club