Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,634 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 1.25
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

yh i done some comparison quotes last night on the general sites, and only got one company that ive never heard off to insure me, but it would be £4000 and im not willing or have the funds to pay that for insurance, so its gunna have to be a waiting game now :/ i might have a look to see what a 1.6 focus is for insuance and the 2lt mondeo titanium x and it might again prove too high for me :/

got a quote for a 2.2 tit x mondeo for £1300 id be happy to pay that and also the focus 1.8 petrol zetec s is £1100 wow im surpised hehe taking these numbers home and seeing what i might upgrade too hehe

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Macman24

Macman24

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Si
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 and Focus ST 2.5
  • Year: 2014

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Try Greenlight, Sky Insurance and Adrian Flux, i used all three during my ownership of an ST3 and i wasnt much older than you when i got it, plus i had remapped it to 285 Bhp with a dreamscience and they covered me for a little over £1300

#18 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,360 posts
  • Name: James
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

That ST is waaaay too cheap. You'd be lucky to get a high mileage 55 plate pre facelift for that in reasonable condition. That's either a dodgy ad, a write off or stolen and recovered etc or just plain broken.

For a 59 plate with that sort of mileage you would be looking between £10,500 -£12,000 depending on trim level/condition and if it's from a dealer of private etc.

When I priced mine up, it's one of the cheapest facelift ST3's within about 100 miles of my house with less than 60,000 miles. Plus it's the best one of course!  :P

#19 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,360 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Do you have a link to this 59 plate one?

#20 D13 HPD 95

D13 HPD 95

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,634 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

its at a car dealership local to my town, they dont have a website but ill grap a piccy on my way home tonight, its defo the right price and the condtion is great, the millage is correct accoring to their salerep who spotted me learing at it and open it up for me, inside looks in very good shape too.

i havnt done the reg checker thing, just because i carnt afford the insurance if not id have now that plus got an AA tec to go round it and give it the full check before commiting to anything,

altho im not 100% if the plate is correct or not as its a 59 plate but doesnt look like your james, it looks like pre facelift it could be private reg and i got confused but defo a xx59 xxx as thats what drawn me in plus the price hehe

as for insurance i wont touch an st for a couple of years as its not even ecomonicly vesable ( spelt wrong i bet ) haha, but a mondeo or focus insurance is well in the ball park :)

#21 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,360 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

If it's a pre facelift that's a bit more like it but to be honest that's still incredibly cheap. Cheapest good condition ones start around £6k normally so still sounds a little too good but you never know I guess! I'd certainly be checking to see if it's a cat C or cat D. That would probably be a sensible price for a insurance repaired pre facelift.

Also on, a private reg you can't put a newer reg than the age of the car on so it must be on a pre 2001 style plate ie. S559 ABC

#22 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,833 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

If it says 59 on the plate then it has to be correct.
A private plate can't be used if it makes the car appear newer than it is.

#23 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,360 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

If it says 59 on the plate then it has to be correct.
A private plate can't be used if it makes the car appear newer than it is.

Could be an old style plate though couldn't it? Like the example I gave above?

#24 D13 HPD 95

D13 HPD 95

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,634 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

could it have been a dealer plate? if they have just been out for a test drive and left them on by mistake? but it defo says 59 on the last 2 digits on the first section of the plate, will take some pics for you all tonight, and will ask the dealer if i see what why its cheap

i leave at 4 so wont be long chaps

#25 D13 HPD 95

D13 HPD 95

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,634 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Right, got a pic of the car, and the story to with, asked the dealer, they bought it for 6500 from a young lad, it had 59plates on it, when they then went through the v5 and documents they discovered it was on stolen plates and had a bad history, 2 previous drug searches in the car, failed mots and impounded for no insurance. So wasnt a great start, they found the correct plates from ford, and then ford told them it was a cat d repair which happened when the car was 4months old, they wanted a very quick sell to get it back out and recover any money they spent, the dealer then said they havnt been able to find or contact the previous owner, so they toke there losses and sold it yesterday for a loss, he said it was the worst mistake hes every bought for the company, when they bought it the lad wanted a quick sell cash and go the dealer offered him 6500 hopping to sell it for 9+ making a quick profit but not the case. The car was perfectly fine but will no doubt cause a lot of problems for the new owners who pick the car up tomorrow.

Thats the story i got after spending 40mins with the dealer and then he tried selling me a corsa lol

Original plates are a 57 here's the pic

ImageUploadedByFord OC1391794334.650811.jpg

#26 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,833 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

The new owner will get pulled at least half a dozen times until the PNC markers are updated ;)

#27 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,360 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Wow that's quite a story thought it was too good to be true!  :)

#28 D13 HPD 95

D13 HPD 95

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,634 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

I know that would be biggest problem pulled every day haha, and yh i dont know if i believe half the story but thats what he said, and i can believe that someone would want rid for cash quickly and take anything for it haha yh fair tooo good to be true haha was a really nice car too not one youd say looks like the typical car for its history anyway

#29 Mikestns

Mikestns

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus st
  • Year: 2005

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hi mate try A plan insurance they are great I'm have a focus st and they are really good for young drivers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users