Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Police Cars Begin With Eu

mactell

The EU prefix is due to cars being first registered in A DVLA office in Brecknockshire Bristol.

Probably due to the cars being delivered straight from the plants abroad to Bristol docks.

You'll find a lot of large orders of fleet cars will have a prefix relating to the nearest office to port of entry.

All this will be changing now due to all local DVLA offices being closed down and everything being processed via main office in Swansea.

I can tell you for a fact though that my vehicle doesn't have an EU prefix ;) and certainly won't show up on the Motor Insurance database or the DVLA car tax system (due to group insurance policies and block road fund licence systems used for fleet cars).

Ah right I was just interested to know. I have seen some that aren't EU but most are. Most undercover cars are also EU in my area... So there not undercover any more :P

You wouldn't spot mine while it's on the road, unless I want you to :p

Apart from the blacked out rear compartment and the extra aerials on the roof mine looks like a standard estate car.

All blue lights are hidden in existing light clusters and the dog compartment ventillation system is a custom covert kit that doesn't require roof vents, (nicely air conditioned for the dogs' comfort, I even have a temperature readout in the cab for comfirmation).

When stationary you could spot the kit on the dash but usually it doesn't warrant a second glance.

You wouldn't spot mine while it's on the road, unless I want you to :P

Apart from the blacked out rear compartment and the extra aerials on the roof mine looks like a standard estate car.

All blue lights are hidden in existing light clusters and the dog compartment ventillation system is a custom covert kit that doesn't require roof vents, (nicely air conditioned for the dogs' comfort, I even have a temperature readout in the cab for comfirmation).

When stationary you could spot the kit on the dash but usually it doesn't warrant a second glance.

Hmmm, extra aerials & tinted glass on a Focus estate = raised eyebrows, at least for me! ;)

Surrey Police has tonnes of Focii, a few undercover too I've noticed (inc a few Mk3's).

But the other day an undercover non-tinted A6 wagon on a code 3 call rushed past me, definitely wouldn't have been wiser to that!

• Like 1

Most undercover cars also have 2 wing mirrors now as well as a camera

Most undercover cars also have 2 wing mirrors now as well as a camera

Traffic cars do have an extra wing mirror to allow the passenger to have clear rear vision.

My car just looks like an estate with limo tint on the rear ;)

I was under the impression 51 onwards The E followed by any letter is Chelmsford Essex.

Checked with my Traffic oppo and I stand corrected.

It is indeed Chelmsford.

My bad

• Like 1

That was correct as of Pre-51 plate. Aka old reg system. EU would have been among the last 3 letters, I believe last 2. Most of cars around here (Essex) have EA, EU, EO, EK etc.

Edit - Just checked the link and its about Essex police cars! lol

• 4 weeks later...

You have a focus estate?

I'm obviously lucky with the Octavia VRS ;)

It's a bit like most Ford Direct cars are E something, my Fiesta started EA, my Focus starts EF.

It is where they have been registered to Ford UK headoffice in Brentwood, Essex.

Are company ford are registered in Essex and most are eu played as os it Essex as they can be sold in Essex as bulk and plated as Essex In bristol due to the selling location

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

All seem to start with BX around here in Croydon i think.

In answer to the OPs question, the only reason the Essex cars mainly have EU prefix is because the Essex Police HQ is based in Chelmsford, and the procurement is done from there.

All seem to start with BX around here in Croydon i think.

BX is Birmingham.