Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Fiesta Thermostat

taximanneil

Just wondering if anybody can help me, Please! My friend has a 2001 ford fiesta and had a water leak on it yesterday, so we put some radiator weld in the expansion tank and seamed to fix problem. Now he has no heaters inside the car whatsoever although the car is warm and there is water in the expansion tank for the radiator. I think its the thermostat, but not 100% sure (I'm no mechanic) just wondering if somebody could confirm my suspicion and tell where abouts on the engine the themo would be located, thanks in advance.

Neil

hmm it may have jammed the thermostat, but he may have a major air block inside the cooling system

hmm it may have jammed the thermostat, but he may have a major air block inside the cooling system

Dont think its a air lock, because both pipes coming through the bulkhead to the heater matrix are hot, however the bottom pipe off the radiator is cold where the top top going into the radiator is warm

• 5 weeks later...

These rad weld and block repair products are not great IMO, they block rads, heater matrix and thermostats and prevent the coolant from circulating properly.

The best option is flush the cooling system with rad-flush and then replace the thermostat and rad( I assume it was the rad that was leaking)