Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Finding Part, Gear Stick Trim.?

tyler138

Hey Guys,

Just bought a second hand Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec '08 and wanting to change a part of the console due to stains. Only problem is I can't seem to find it online and don't know what its called.

It's the trim that goes around the gearstick, cig lighter and down the side of the cup holders.

post-50915-0-40538700-1391871468_thumb.j

Anyone know what this part is called and where i can find one.?

Also how do you remove this part.? Is it the same as the trim around the stereo, just pull it up and it clicks out.

Thanks,

Tyler

Can't give you a full answer but have a look here;

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1360171&s_id_model=137

is it item number 046B9 in the picture. Find correct trim/colour option and it should give you a Ford part number.

Try eBay but will it not polish up to save you buying a new one. I did my interior trim on the handles of my old mps and they came up really really well and look almost new.

Ford call that part a bezel.

To remove it you need to undo a few screws and pull.

Lift the armrest and locate the two screws on the front edge, these hold the handbrake surround in place.

Unscrew these and lift the surround, it doesn't need to come all the way off but will be less fiddly if you do.

Under the cup holder base (beneath the rubber inserts is another screw, undo this and then the bezel unclips from the rear and lifts up.

There are clips that hold the bezel down, pull firmly and the bezel will lift out.

Once you have it up far enough to access the wiring to the power socket reach under and pull the connector off.

The bezel will then come free, lift up fully from the rear to disengage all the clips.

From Ford the part is about £100 upwards.

I do happen to have a spare bezel if you're interested, it's the silver carbon effect one so not a direct match to your console but will happily part with it for £35 plus postage, so say £40 total if you're interested.

It just needs a wash in soapy water and a quick scrub around the edges with a toothbrush or similar, there's no marks or stains as far as I can see.

I bought it as part of a project to upgrade my centre console but went for the RS carbon bezel in the end.

post-28494-0-00603900-1391874768_thumb.j

post-28494-0-42855500-1391874775_thumb.j

Ford call that part a bezel.

To remove it you need to undo a few screws and pull.

Lift the armrest and locate the two screws on the front edge, these hold the handbrake surround in place.

Unscrew these and lift the surround, it doesn't need to come all the way off but will be less fiddly if you do.

Under the cup holder base (beneath the rubber inserts is another screw, undo this and then the bezel unclips from the rear and lifts up.

There are clips that hold the bezel down, pull firmly and the bezel will lift out.

Once you have it up far enough to access the wiring to the power socket reach under and pull the connector off.

The bezel will then come free, lift up fully from the rear to disengage all the clips.

From Ford the part is about £100 upwards.

I do happen to have a spare bezel if you're interested, it's the silver carbon effect one so not a direct match to your console but will happily part with it for £35 plus postage, so say £40 total if you're interested.

It just needs a wash in soapy water and a quick scrub around the edges with a toothbrush or similar, there's no marks or stains as far as I can see.

I bought it as part of a project to upgrade my centre console but went for the RS carbon bezel in the end.

attachicon.gif20140208_152710.jpg

attachicon.gif20140208_152747.jpg

Thanks for the offer but yeah I am after it in silver to match the rest.

Do you have to get the whole thing.? I am only after the bit that you have in the silver carbon effect. I don't need the bit with cupholders and side panel, can you get just this bit on its own or do you have to get the whole thing.?

Also what would I search for to try find this online.? Ford Focus Bezel is coming up with a lot of different parts.(Sorry for the many q's, not the knowledgable about cars)

Try eBay but will it not polish up to save you buying a new one. I did my interior trim on the handles of my old mps and they came up really really well and look almost new.

Been looking but cant find the exact part.

Can't give you a full answer but have a look here;

http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=1360171&s_id_model=137

is it item number 046B9 in the picture. Find correct trim/colour option and it should give you a Ford part number.

Yeah, that seems to be part of it. Just wondering if I can get the one bit on its own instead of the whole section.

The top trim is held to the base with mrlted plastic plugs.

I really doubt you'll find the part seperate from the rest of the unit.

You could vinyl wrap it if you feel brave.

You could also try cleaning it with a paste of baking soda and water, it's mildly abrasive so may help but don't scrub too hard or you'll scratch the finish.

Search eBay for 'cente console' you may find one, I do know there's an RS carbon one showing at the moment.

The top trim is held to the base with mrlted plastic plugs.

I really doubt you'll find the part seperate from the rest of the unit.

You could vinyl wrap it if you feel brave.

You could also try cleaning it with a paste of baking soda and water, it's mildly abrasive so may help but don't scrub too hard or you'll scratch the finish.

Search ebay for 'cente console' you may find one, I do know there's an RS carbon one showing at the moment.

Yeah, it doesn't look like you can find the top trim for it. I have tried cleaning it of but seems pretty stubborn, almost llike its underneath the top coating.

Found one on eBay but as a whole thing with the arm rest. Had a phone number on so rang to see if they would split and said he might have some just on there own. Gotta ring back Monday but hopefully thats sorted.!

Thanks for the help everyone, especially Stoney.

Will keep you posted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club