Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Issues

Jase_G

Hello,

I purchased a 2004 Focus on Thursday. The car came with one key and the buttons did not work to operate the central locking, so I used the key to operate the central locking on Friday and Saturday. It was my intention to sort this issue out this week and buy a fob and activate it using the procedure of turning the key from 0-II four times and pressing any button on the new fob.

Yesterday I tried to open my car with my key and it would not work in any door or the boot, but it worked on the bonnet and the petrol cap. Eventually, I managed to gain access via the boot and get into the vehicle. It was then a struggle to get the key to turn in the ignition. It would work, but only one in 6-7 tries.

I asked my friend to sit in the car while I tested the key as I didn't want to get locked out again. The key locked the doors perfectly every time, but still would not open the car. Obviously I had to lock the car up overnight and now I can't gain access again. I'm sure if I persevere later, I'll be able to via the boot, but it still doesn't explain all the issues mentioned above.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Sounds like a worn key for the barrel, you will need to get a new key cut and then reprogram the central locking to get that function back.