Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jpunter22

Fuel Consumption On Mondeo 1.8 Tdci

2 posts in this topic

Hi just a question really if anyone can help. I have a 2008 Mondeo 1.8 tdci and was woundering what I should expect to get out of a tank of deisel mileage wise around town driving. I currently get 400 miles out of mine which seems a little low and when worked out says its doing 25mpg which again seems a little low seen as every website i look at says it should be getting around 38.8 mpg. Im aware that it will never get that mpg as that is tested mpg but i would of thought it would be around the 32/33 mpg mark which would then get about 500 moles from a tank of fuel. Im not sure if I am looking at this right so would really appriciate any help from anyone.

Many many thanks in advance

This time of year is hard on all engines for MPG, when was the last service? and when did you last disconenct the battery?