Ryza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone own a K&M Air Filter here? If so, what effect did it have on your car? Whether it's performance, acceleration, noise? 

I purchased one and I've noticed a slight difference but despite that the fuel consumption is considerably less than what it was. 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

The slight difference is probably you increasing the pressure on the go pedal, as they don't really add enough to make a difference on their own, hence the more fuel used.

#3 M4RC

M4RC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI MK7
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

I've got one and don't see any difference atall, also the whole horsepower gains is bullshit. It also give me an error on the dash sometimes. I like how it lasts forever though, just needs cleaned

#4 BigD

BigD

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Name: -
  • Ford Model: -
  • Year: Non

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

I've got one and don't see any difference atall, also the whole horsepower gains is bullshit. It also give me an error on the dash sometimes. I like how it lasts forever though, just needs cleaned

It lasting forever is the only advantage - there is no performance advantage whatsoever, and no other changes that I've ever been able to identify.  It lasting forever also isn't really an advantage -you have to clean it.  And the cleaning stuff costs money.  Plus you have to factor in the faffing about doing it, and not being able to use your car while the filter is drying.  Factor in the initial cost of the filter and it's a close call whether you're just better off sticking to old-fashioned air filters.

#5 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 268 Sleeper
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Agreed, on many cars there is no performance improvement with a K&N filter, the filter can cost £30+ when a stock, pattern filter is £5, a lot of people just stick their K&N filter on and forget to clean it,

If its an open, underbonnet cone filter it can loose power/ efficiency if the filter draws hot/warm air, this could have a negative effect on fuel economy

A K&N filter does not filter well when new, and lets through small dust particles, as the filter gets older and has a layer of dust on it, it filters out more dust

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users