31 replies to this topic

#1 jimbob1989

jimbob1989

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Hi,

Still haven't got mine... yet!!! But I have seen that the Fiesta supports mobile navigation with compatible mobile phones and have a link to a ford website that tells you a bit more about it (pairing phone and seein direction arrows on screen):

http://www.ford-mobi...gation/overview

A couple of questions!!! Mainly - has anyone actually got this to work and is there any supplied software on a CD that comes with the manuals etc. of the car because it says there is supplied software?!?!

Thanks for helping me out with this! :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 darude

darude

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ECOnetic MK7
Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

I also want to know a bit more about this... I buying a Nokia 6220 Classic. This should have this feature. What phone have you got jimbo?

#3 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

Looks like it only works with Nokia - shame as I prefer Sony Ericsson

#4 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Wrong thread. :lol:

#5 darude

darude

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Wrong thread. :lol:

Whats wrong?

Anyway....

I got my Nokia 6220 Classic, I can't seem to get any Mobile Navigation working. Not even Bluetooth music streaming!
There are no extra menus in the Ford Fiesta phone mode.

The only thing I get extra on my Nokia (in comparison to my old Sony Ericsson w800i) is Signal strength and call list (missed, received, dailed calls) option. Also phone book is a lot quicker.

Can anyone shed some light on this Ford Mobile Navigation? Maybe even some information from a Ford technician?

#6 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:04 AM

Whats wrong?

Anyway....

I got my Nokia 6220 Classic, I can't seem to get any Mobile Navigation working. Not even Bluetooth music streaming!
There are no extra menus in the Ford Fiesta phone mode.

The only thing I get extra on my Nokia (in comparison to my old Sony Ericsson w800i) is Signal strength and call list (missed, received, dailed calls) option. Also phone book is a lot quicker.

Can anyone shed some light on this Ford Mobile Navigation? Maybe even some information from a Ford technician?

I typed my reply in the wrong thread.

Just to add though,if I wanted to know something technical like this, the first people I got in touch with would be Ford, maybe they know?

#7 fezzidebz

fezzidebz

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: all new ford fiesta zetec

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

I also heard its only Nokia that works, but i have a sony ericcson and mine works fine in the car ! :ph34r:

#8 darude

darude

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

I typed my reply in the wrong thread.

Just to add though,if I wanted to know something technical like this, the first people I got in touch with would be Ford, maybe they know?

Do you know how I could get in touch with Ford, perhaps their direct e-mail? I've tried through their website two weeks ago, no reply yet.

#9 adzmcp

adzmcp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 2009
Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

The mobile Navigation is avalible to order as 1st July (Its on next quarters price list) Its 350 for Zetec, Zetec S and Titanium Models. Think off top of my head it was 425 for Style + and Below. Mobile Nav is above Bluetooth USB. If you have Bluetooth or have ordered normal Bluetooth or Bluetooth USB the Nav will not work as the fiesta is not programed for it. We jumped on Vista and spec afew with Mobile Nav so cant wait to see em

Adz

#10 darude

darude

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

The mobile Navigation is avalible to order as 1st July (Its on next quarters price list) Its 350 for Zetec, Zetec S and Titanium Models. Think off top of my head it was 425 for Style + and Below. Mobile Nav is above Bluetooth USB. If you have Bluetooth or have ordered normal Bluetooth or Bluetooth USB the Nav will not work as the fiesta is not programed for it. We jumped on Vista and spec afew with Mobile Nav so cant wait to see em

Adz

Thanks, finally someone knows something about it. Is it not possible to upgrade the existing Bluetooth + USB software to work with Mobile Navigation?

#11 dannyhilton

dannyhilton

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec 3-Door

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Has anyone got this up and running? While I realise it will not work in Australia, it'd be great to know if it works as I'm sure there's some kind of hack to get Aussie maps up!

#12 RCJ

RCJ

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 461 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

i have sat nav on my iphone, and if im connected by bluetooth, when the Instructions (Turn left etc...) the music dims down and the instructions come through the speakers then the music comes back up again. If thats what you mean?

#13 dannyhilton

dannyhilton

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

i have sat nav on my iphone, and if im connected by bluetooth, when the Instructions (Turn left etc...) the music dims down and the instructions come through the speakers then the music comes back up again. If thats what you mean?

I currently have the TomTom application on my iPhone that does that too. It's quite nifty, especially now as you can change tracks using the steering wheel controls.

I was just seeing if anyone had opted for this optional sat nav system offered by Ford. It looks very good, especially being integrated into the existing display. In terms of being better than the TomTom application, probably not, but it'd be great to see what others think of this system?

#14 RCJ

RCJ

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 461 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

http://www.ford.co.u...ews/2010/SatNav

i like the look of this

#15 dannyhilton

dannyhilton

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

That's a nifty little feature!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users