Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7 Mobile Navigation

jimbob1989

Hi,

Still haven't got mine... yet!!! But I have seen that the Fiesta supports mobile navigation with compatible mobile phones and have a link to a ford website that tells you a bit more about it (pairing phone and seein direction arrows on screen):

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/mo...gation/overview

A couple of questions!!! Mainly - has anyone actually got this to work and is there any supplied software on a CD that comes with the manuals etc. of the car because it says there is supplied software?!?!

Thanks for helping me out with this! :)

• 1 month later...

I also want to know a bit more about this... I buying a Nokia 6220 Classic. This should have this feature. What phone have you got jimbo?

Looks like it only works with Nokia - shame as I prefer Sony Ericsson

Wrong thread. :lol:

Whats wrong?

Anyway....

I got my Nokia 6220 Classic, I can't seem to get any Mobile Navigation working. Not even bluetooth music streaming!

There are no extra menus in the Ford Fiesta phone mode.

The only thing I get extra on my Nokia (in comparison to my old Sony Ericsson w800i) is Signal strength and call list (missed, received, dailed calls) option. Also phone book is a lot quicker.

Can anyone shed some light on this Ford Mobile Navigation? Maybe even some information from a Ford technician?

Whats wrong?

Anyway....

I got my Nokia 6220 Classic, I can't seem to get any Mobile Navigation working. Not even Bluetooth music streaming!

There are no extra menus in the Ford Fiesta phone mode.

The only thing I get extra on my Nokia (in comparison to my old Sony Ericsson w800i) is Signal strength and call list (missed, received, dailed calls) option. Also phone book is a lot quicker.

Can anyone shed some light on this Ford Mobile Navigation? Maybe even some information from a Ford technician?

I typed my reply in the wrong thread.

Just to add though,if I wanted to know something technical like this, the first people I got in touch with would be Ford, maybe they know?

I also heard its only Nokia that works, but i have a sony ericcson and mine works fine in the car ! :ph34r:

I typed my reply in the wrong thread.

Just to add though,if I wanted to know something technical like this, the first people I got in touch with would be Ford, maybe they know?

Do you know how I could get in touch with Ford, perhaps their direct e-mail? I've tried through their website two weeks ago, no reply yet.

The mobile Navigation is avalible to order as 1st July (Its on next quarters price list) Its £350 for Zetec, Zetec S and Titanium Models. Think off top of my head it was £425 for Style + and Below. Mobile Nav is above bluetooth USB. If you have bluetooth or have ordered normal bluetooth or Bluetooth USB the Nav will not work as the fiesta is not programed for it. We jumped on Vista and spec afew with Mobile Nav so cant wait to see em

Adz

The mobile Navigation is avalible to order as 1st July (Its on next quarters price list) Its £350 for Zetec, Zetec S and Titanium Models. Think off top of my head it was £425 for Style + and Below. Mobile Nav is above Bluetooth USB. If you have Bluetooth or have ordered normal Bluetooth or Bluetooth USB the Nav will not work as the fiesta is not programed for it. We jumped on Vista and spec afew with Mobile Nav so cant wait to see em

Adz

Thanks, finally someone knows something about it. Is it not possible to upgrade the existing bluetooth + USB software to work with Mobile Navigation?

• 1 year later...

Has anyone got this up and running? While I realise it will not work in Australia, it'd be great to know if it works as I'm sure there's some kind of hack to get Aussie maps up!

i have sat nav on my iphone, and if im connected by bluetooth, when the Instructions (Turn left etc...) the music dims down and the instructions come through the speakers then the music comes back up again. If thats what you mean?

I currently have the tomtom application on my iPhone that does that too. It's quite nifty, especially now as you can change tracks using the steering wheel controls.

I was just seeing if anyone had opted for this optional sat nav system offered by Ford. It looks very good, especially being integrated into the existing display. In terms of being better than the tomtom application, probably not, but it'd be great to see what others think of this system?

:-o i want!!! Not sure if I can justify 299 + dealer fitting charges though. Why didn't this come out before I bought my tomtom!

That is very neat. Any idea how you input directions to it? Does it work in conjucntion with Ford's Sync/cell phone nav system? We have sync here and it's nice, but it does not give a visual representation of directions or an idea of what turn is coming up till you're just about there.

Also, I don't think you'll be hacking into the system to get maps for anything that isn't already there working since all the cell phone does is tells Ford navigation servers where you are so that that system can send you the directions. It doesn't actually use the cell phone for anything other then finding your position.

It doesn't actually use the cell phone for anything other then finding your position.

What's the point in that? Why don't they just bung a GPS module in and be done with it?

I would like the ability to have satnav built in, and put that screen to use, but map updates would be a bit fiddly, I suppose.

I also want to know a bit more about this... I buying a Nokia 6220 Classic. This should have this feature. What phone have you got jimbo?

Make sure you get a spare battery. Its the only phone I,ve owned you can fully charge,switch off overnight and then when you switch it on you find the battery has lost power! And I tried 2 diff nokia battery's. Good with bluetooth phonebook in Fiesta tho. Shame the GPS couldn't find a satellite if you stood surrounded by a dozen of them 20 ft away.

Does look nice but restricted to just use in the car. You probably wont be able to put it in your pocket and use it as you walk. Plus how does it update? New maps, POI's etc,. I prefer my tomtom and photo of my mini fiesta leading the way on its screen. And finally, how many of you would actually place your satnav that high up out of your normal line of sight??

Does look nice but restricted to just use in the car. You probably wont be able to put it in your pocket and use it as you walk. Plus how does it update? New maps, POI's etc,. I prefer my tomtom and photo of my mini fiesta leading the way on its screen. And finally, how many of you would actually place your satnav that high up out of your normal line of sight??

It's just Garmin Nuvi 1255t navigation that gets a place in the mirror. It can be taken out and used outside.

It gets updates just as like any other portable Garmin navigation system.

a5op3.jpg

Here are 2 ' how-to ' video guides (sorry, is in german but the video speaks for itself :

Having watched the video you can take it out. You just need to carry a screw driver with you everywhere you go. Not that practical.

I always have a (few) screwdrivers in my car ...

Kidding, only showed with pictures and video's that there is nothing ' special ' on the system ... it's just a mirror with a separate place for a standard cheap garmin gps and a 12 volt wire.

A cell phone with free navigation is alot more handy to take out ... Nokia's for example. But then those can give small problems also ... no combination phone bluetooth and guiding voice from the cell phone over the car Speakers, one has to make a choice.

Hi,

Still haven't got mine... yet!!! But I have seen that the Fiesta supports mobile navigation with compatible mobile phones and have a link to a ford website that tells you a bit more about it (pairing phone and seein direction arrows on screen):

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/mo...gation/overview

A couple of questions!!! Mainly - has anyone actually got this to work and is there any supplied software on a CD that comes with the manuals etc. of the car because it says there is supplied software?!?!

Thanks for helping me out with this! :)

Ford only offers it as an option on NEW cars.

You need a cellphone with Symbian 60 operating system :

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/mobile_navigation/compareNavigation

You'll get something like this :

9129152016179_Ford-Mobil.jpg

Ford delivers a SD-card with the navigation software ( 23 west-european countries incl. ),a usb cable, and a gps-mouse/internal antenne.

912915201723_Ford-Mobil.jpg

The software runs on the cell phone and voice guidance works over the cars Speakers.

In our Fiesta MK7, the screen at the middle of the dash is being used to display an arrow and some additional information. On other cars, the screen between the speedo and rev. meters is used.

It costs alot for what it's worth, specially now that navi software on Nokia phones is free.

Play the video for the Ford Fiesta :

Play a video for other models : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_BhqQHoRI

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club