Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help Mondeo 1.8Tdci 57Reg

xdazx
聽Share

Hi i have recently had a fuel pump fuel rail fuel pressure switch new glow plugs injectors and the fuel system cleaned out as i had starting problems since they was fitted the car runs a lot better when i can start it !!

The problem i have now is i have to put the clutch in to start it and sometimes it takes ages to start if i can get it to start it turns over but wont fire up then sometimes it will start first time. I had the mechanic to check it with his diagnostic m/c everything electrical is working there are no faults showing. He says that its the dmf and i need to replace it and i may aswell get a clutch kit aswell. Does any1 know if that is the problem as its another huge exspense.

Please help 馃槶

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xdazx

• sambo87

• wase16ll

• slemon123

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it could be and or starter motor got metal filings from the dmf which is common

Make sure egr valve isn't getting stuck and there's also a valve something to do with anti shudder there's a few posts on here that might help you out could be one of those caked up with carbon !

Some 1 else said egr valve but he would need to do test and ofcourse more money to pay out !Removed! car :(

To prove if it's egr you can buy a blanking plate for 拢5.00 off eBay that's what I have done engine management light comes on sometimes due to blanking plate but car starts everytime but might be worth fitting one just to see only takes about 20 mins to fit but you could do with rubber arms :-)

That was the eBay listing I bought dunno if you can see picture it doesn't let me on my I phone sometimes !

Cheers i will ask about that when i get results from the test being done 2moyo

Is it the same engine as my focus 1.8tdci 115bhp because I'm looking into it got quoted 拢240 with a egr delete and it was 140bhp with 300nm of torque I'm getting mine done next month gotta do some more looking but they looked a reputable company :-)

No mines a 125 think it goes up2 a 150 i forgot tbh as had other things to do.

My car is well foin my head in i just been to pick the mrs up went to start it without clutch would'nt go put clutch in fired up i really cannot work it out

It is well weired tbh. Hey were u from anyway ive just found the email i had from tuned n style they quoted me 拢175 i will paste there reply here u go

on your Mondeo you are looking at 25hp and 40lb ft torque increases, so def worthwhile doing esp with the torque increase.

Alongside this you would be looking at upto 20% improvement on your mpg too.

Cost for me to come to you would be 拢175 inclusive.

Hope this helps, any further questions please do ask.

Regards,

Nic.

He is local to you then heres his number for you as soon as i can get car sorted and money together i will get mine done.

Tuned n' Styled

Mobile Remapping service for all Cars & Vans

Tel: 07708 783535

I'd be thinking the inlet manifold is clogged up or else egr. As stated above blank off egr first to rule that out. Then look at manifold before going at dmf and clutch.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi car still the same had 5 diagnostic machines on it all showing no faults at all gad new crank sensor put on made no differant has any1 any ideas what may be the problem please :(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Cheers for that ive had a new crank sensor on still the same not sure were the damper and washer will be tho like it says in that you just sent. The bloke that done the work keeps ssying i need a new dmf and clutch kit but cannot guarantee it will cure it but every other person i spoke to said that wont gave anything to do with starting problems ??

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Starting problems are either egr , inlet manifold, injectors or the vibration damper. It could be worth having a look at the immobilizer as that could be faulty. Clutch and dmf doesn't make sense to me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

What baffles me and others is that there are no faults showing up the car is set up perfect (should be after i spent a grand on new fuel system)