Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6Tdi Starting Problem

suboroy0

I have a 3013 1.6 tdci titanium focus that has developed an intermittant starting problem,the car starts with no problem but after a run of 3 miles and a ten minute stop the engine will turn over but fail to fire up.After a wait of 10-15 minutes the car fires up no problem.Its been checked at ford garage but nothing was found.Yesterday I fired up the car on the drive (button start)and entered two addresses in the sat nav ,turned engine off and checked if it would fire up again it did no problem. 5 minutes later my wife went to start it up and it failed.The engine turns over at speed but fails to fire up.Its now back at the ford dealer,I told them that I believe its the glow plug that is not being operated which I suspect is managed by the computer believing the temperature is fine,(the glow plug symbol appears on initial start up but not thereafter)this could explain that after a short while the engine may cool down enough to warrant the glow plug to operate.Thats my guess but it may be codswallup.When I get to know from Ford I'll put it on this forum