Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting New Dipped Beam Bulb Connector

APJ

Hi guys, upgraded both my dipped beam (H7) bulbs yesterday but noticed that when i disconnected the black plastic connector (that attaches to the bulb) that the metal inside it had corroded and rusted. I still managed to get it attached to the bulb and it works fine. But i know at some point in the very near future this will fail.

I've found on Eurocarparts the connector i need and its only £1.56 http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_2.0_2005/p/car-accessories/car-components-accessories/fuses-and-relays/bulb-connector/?BAR927&0&cc5_300

But how easy is it to fit??...baring in mind im not great with things like that...is there a guide someone knows of to fitting new connectors? I guess it will involve soldering? Anyone on here done this themselves?

cheers

apj - i dont know off a guide on hear, but very simply to do, cut the posi cable on the old connector, strip the wire and the wire on the new connector tin both ends of the wires and solder together, do the same for the negs and put a bit of heat shrink round them seperatly and all good for years to come :)