• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7.5 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hello,

I told myself I wouldn't start mucking around with the Fiesta........ but it's started :P . 

My 3 series had really good xenon's which tracked the car in front and had auto high beam which has probably set my standard a bit high, but none the less, I felt that the stock bulbs that come with the Titanium X are pretty poor.

I bought Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 12V 55W to use as my dipped headlights and after reading and following Rogue_Shadow's how-to (Cheers mate :D)
I decided to get Philips Silver Vision indictor bulbs. 

I took me a while to release when I was on AutoBulbs why it said my main beam bulbs were H15 and more importantly I couldn't get any decent makes of bulbs in that size. First off if your headlights have DRLS then your in the same boat as me and your main beam is a H15 - Nae luck.... and I don't really have an answer to the second apart from a quick Google search pretty much shows H15 bulbs being used as 'DRL' halogen lights on several types of car. I don't quite follow how the same type of bulb can be a DRL and a High Beam but who knows. 

I got stuck in about the replacement of the headlights today and once they were complete I went and got another set of the Philips Silver Vision to do the rear.... honestly, I'm promise I'm not mucking around with it!!!! :oops:  

The front got changed over no problem but the plastic screw on the offside light cluster must have been put on by a body builder or a machine, it took ages to try and get it loose.

All posts are pretty much pants without some photos so I've attached some below.

All in all from what I can tell the Osram Night Breakers are they are a lot brighter, definitely no blue colours coming from them but just how good they are I'll need to report back.

I really need to align my headlights so that's next on the to-do list.

Cheers! 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140212_114821.jpg
  • 20140212_115147.jpg
  • 20140212_122533.jpg
  • 20140212_123022.jpg
  • 20140212_161540.jpg
  • 20140212_164020.jpg
  • 20140212_171034.jpg
  • 20140212_171056.jpg
  • 20140212_171229.jpg
  • 20140212_171238.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jd_james

jd_james

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 174 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Looks good, when I was looking at this i agreed there wasn't any blue but i suppose its a fine line.

Changing these headlights compared to the old corsa i had is a doddle! 

P.s wish i had the titanium lights on mine!

#3 bholm

bholm

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Name: GB
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 125
  • Year: 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Looking good. I have a set of Nightbreakers waiting for when I get my car. Yours looks a lot better with the silver visions too.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

#4 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,311 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost 125
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Your main beam bulbs are H11s on cars with LED DRLs (Titanium and Titanium X) Same as mine.

#5 M4RC

M4RC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI MK7
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, I've got the OSRAM bulbs all around, there a lot brighter and whiter but no blue atall which I wasn't really happy about as the ones I got were cool blue or something g, still look good though

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: osram, nightbreaker, philips, silvervision, mk7, lights, drl, titanium, titaniumx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users